The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 12:01:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Rego (Queensland)  (Read 5476 times)
Gunna
« on: Sunday, 08 November, 2009, 10:01:27 PM »

Hi All,

I'm not sure if the subject heading is correct (I'm been totally selfish, sorry to the other states).  Phil can correct if needed.

I was talking to a guy who had a display at our local school fair last night with Custom Vee Twin Bikes.  I asked him about how he gets these "things" registered for road use here in Queensland.  Answer "Club Rego".  His comment was that with club rego you can build anything, well almost.  He went on to explain that with the bikes they were working to affiliate under the Hot Rod Club but were having problems with the percieved issues of the "outlaw" bikie gangs sneaking in.  This way his bikes would be much easier to get rego here in Queensland, be it for limited use and official club runs.

Question: Does anyone have idea's/comments about this subject that could be developed?
shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #1 on: Monday, 09 November, 2009, 09:52:13 AM »

Mate, don't know a lot about "club rego".......only that it is limiting to how often and how much you can use the vehicle, so it never interested me.......still sounds like a discussion on the weekend tho.

Shonko
Maxx
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 11 November, 2009, 01:20:47 PM »

Agree with you Shonko - as I understand it, Club rego means wearing a special rego plate (starts with "S.......") and the vehicle is only registered (AND INSURED!!) while it is going to or from, or is at, an official club sanctioned event. Don't think it works if you just get the urge to go for an impromptu Sunday arvo cruise.
Iama Ardfark
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 15 December, 2009, 10:25:04 AM »

Yep Maxx, you've got it in one. Need to have a daily meet, or at least every weekend, to be of any benefit.
Phil

Wadya mean I CAN'T work on the Reek today ??
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 08:44:15 AM »

For those wanting Club Rego, I think the best at this stage is to join a VW car club. I've seen a few T1/T2/T3/Giha around with club plates on them.

But again, I'm fairly sure you're restricted to using them only on club buns and short local drives. And that would be with the VW club you joined, not PECCA.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: