The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 05:14:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hide and seek  (Read 11130 times)
robertocarlos
Forum Member only

« on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 09:11:45 AM »

Does anyone know where I can find the manufacturer's identification numbers on the fiberglass panels?  I've got a few more hoops to jump through Sad
Old Sports
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »

Smiley     Fiberglass panels are not imprinted with ID # numbers as per their required volume re-production varies due to requirement.
If you would like to trace a re-produced product a small cylindrical capsule is available via E-Bay and locatable World-wide.
                                   Dave.
robertocarlos
Forum Member only

« Reply #2 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 10:07:20 AM »

Oh man...now it's getting super frustrating.  QLD dep transport reckon they need some sort of manufacturer's identification numbers or equivilent to prove that my Eureka body is legit and not something I made out of paper mache.  I unfortunately heard murmors of possible fiberglass testing to verify it strength Sad
vonkje
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 10:37:51 AM »

robertocarlos

has your car never been reigistered before.... any where in aus?
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #4 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 10:52:02 AM »

Vonkje is right, but how about side-stepping that utter pus.
                                                                                                         Whack an ECCA  club ID plate on it and tell them the number verifies it's authenticity. And don't be put off by the poo the RTA tells you. It's completely different for every state. Gee's there's some rego stories floating around this site...

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
robertocarlos
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 11:13:19 AM »

Vonkje - To tell you the truth, I don't think it has been registered before.  I got a bit of random paper work when I bought the car and one of the sheets was an approval to construct this Eureka...in 2002.  So its everything before that is a mystery.

The Metalsmith - Your ECCA club ID plate sounds like a good idea...might keep that one up my selve if the poo hits the fan.  Don't worry, I'm not put off by QLD Dep Trans red tape...I'm going to fight this one through.  I've got too many crazy ideas and plans for this baby to just let her go Smiley
Old Sports
« Reply #6 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 11:17:14 AM »

Smiley    Welcome to Eureka Hell mate I wish that I could fill you with hope, CyCo and other valued members of this Club should be able to help you.
      Although the sports was produced from-to / F4 with the high roof from-to any date of prouduction legaly should be in context accepted. Theoretically and legally the Dept, of Road's is in all cases is responsible for confirming age,date, model and structure.
     Carbon dating is a costly avenue if they wish to prove you wrong, If you are looking to put a less than acceptable Eureka on the road I will drive up there slap you so hard your grand-children will be born with a headache.
              David.
Gunna
« Reply #7 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »

Don't stress.

More so, don't go headbutting the engineers at the modification department of Qld Transport.  It'll only give you a bigger headache.  These guys pass some pretty wild hot rods so a Reek shouldn't be too bad.

There have been some Eureka's passed rego from scratch recently and some members have got Eureka friendly engineers on side.   Hopefully they'll tune in on this thread?Huh??

It would be nice to see a co-ordinated approach for "our kind" when it comes to Qld Transport.  This forum may help with that goal.

Dean
0402 327 383
robertocarlos
Forum Member only

« Reply #8 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 12:27:12 PM »

Yeah for sure.  All the people at QLD Dep Trans have been extremely helpful thus far its just that the paperwork is starting to give me the willies because I want to do everything by the book and not have to play the back and forth game of "you forgot this section".  It's a bit hard for me to answer their question when I honestly have no idea what the answers are.  As I mentioned earlier, the Eureka I have bought is a bit of a rando ie some bits have done, others are missing, there's no traceable history of who bought what, where and when, panels aren't marked when they should be etc.  But not to worry, almost got my Motor Vehicle Modification Application form complete with a cover letter explaining the modification I wish to undertake. 

What I might do later on is make up another thread or topic thingy (if allowed) and document my application/build step by step so that other fools Smiley who would like to build one from scratch know what's ahead of them.   
Gunna
« Reply #9 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 12:41:19 PM »

Good to hear!!!  You have the patience of a saint.

With the application form, the guys at QT said photo's go a long way in helping your case.

Other people have said that the least amount info you give them the less they quiery "other things".

It's a bit of catch 22.  You want to do it right BUT you don't want overkill.

I cheated and just bought one already registered.  But this won't help getting others on the road.

A dedicated thread on getting your Reek thru Qld Transport would be great.  I'd be happy to help you were I can.  It may be applicable for other states to have their own state thread as well seeing as each state seems to vary somewhat.

Dean
0402 327 383

cruetoone
« Reply #10 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 01:37:32 PM »

here's a couple of thoughts a sticky topic in the required states or put the idea in the wish list so philsa can consider it for a designated thread...

as for my experience with rego i purchased my now ex reek in Qld with vic registration i drove back to nsw with one of those red documents stuck to the windscreen with the numberplates removed from the vehicle an when i went to register  it i thought i  had to blue slip it cause it had no previous rego in nsw till i checked the paper's in the bag from the previous owner cause he kept it's history an sure enough it was rego in nsw previously so i only had to pink slip it ...
an engineer's report helps to..

so good luck with yours...
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #11 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 02:45:20 PM »

1. There are no stamps on the fibreglass, so dont bother looking.

2. Bought mine from NSW. Took 8 months to get through the Dpt. Now it has its own SA compliance plate.
How? Engage an independant engineer. The SA DT gave me names that they trust. Went to the first one and he got it through.
In SA, the engineer guarentees the car, the DT just do a roadworthy, ......lights...yeh, brakes, yeh good,.... engineers report?........ yeh thanks ......... ok take these papers to the casheer, (note: in this case, previous rego history was irrelavant).

Just on finishing my second, built from nothing but bits from all over Oz. Engineer says yeh no problem he can do it, as long as I do what he says .... (fit side intrusion bars, roll bar etc) ............ oh and give him $1,500 again (at the end). Well worth it.

Dont know about QLD though, but I would have thought they would do something similar.

Someone mentioned having a State Rego thread, hmmm?
Need to be very very cautious with that one as it could cause loop-holes to close, or sudenly find that everybody comes into the spotlight if word got out. But it's worth considering if the desire is there. I would suggest that certain messages might disapear to protect other parties, the club, or an individual, (even from themself). You must remember that this forum is (for the most part) Open. Hence the requirement for a moderator to moderate.
Now all I have to do is lurn sum spellin Grin

Good luck
Keep us posted so we may be able to assist or as mentioned, so others can learn.

Regards

Philinsa

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #12 on: Friday, 06 November, 2009, 03:20:21 PM »

Certainly sounds like a challenge.

So your 'reek is a mongrel, built up from several different 'reeks. No chance of an old photo with it wearing a rego sticker or number plates then.

You're probably going to do what Philnsa suggested, ask the QLD Department of Transport people, in particular the people who you've been talking to about an engineer. Hopefully you'll be able to come up with a list, and then ask fellow QLD members which one if any is/was 'reek friendly. I'd suggest pming the list to the QLDers rather than posting them on the forum, in case something backfires and gets the engineer in trouble. We certainly don't want that.

Still, keep us up to date, and if any of us can help, be sure we will.

And we need photos. Doesn't matter what state it's in.

Good Luck.

Cool Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Gunna
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, 07 November, 2009, 01:45:34 AM »

Rob,
Call me/or text.
I have a contact for you (given to me from one of the forum guys).  It may be of use to you.
Dean
0402 327 383
Maxx
CLUB Member

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, 08 November, 2009, 03:06:37 PM »

I've got a very vested interest in how things go for you.
Happy to receive the detail via PM or text Wink
Max
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: