The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 03:20:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion for those of us unable to go to Mildura  (Read 5691 times)
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« on: Thursday, 22 October, 2009, 02:26:28 AM »

Hi

I am unable to attend Mildura because of lack of gainful employment and a hot water system bursting and damaging the kitchen.
So i will be repairing kitchen on saturday and with some luck will spend some of sunday working on my car.
I think i have the parts to install the rack and pinion steering.If not it will be a floor pan modification day the passangers side needs modification to match my drivers side to fit 6"4 of mein it.

Who else will be home

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
cruetoone
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 22 October, 2009, 04:33:44 AM »

oh how i feel your pain andrew.. Angry

I hear ya loud an clear andrew to think it's been a year since the canberra meet an im in that same boat i think employers don't know what they have till its gone... me  Grin   and of course you Huh? on the payroll. Grin

im not going to mildura for the same reason sure i can go put the expenses on the trusty credit card an worry about that later i can i have that attitude  i can i can do what is required but the house needs to be finished painting  the lawns need mowing food needs to go in the fridge it's empty...

my dream job came up a month ago a photographer for a online car advertising company how can people expect you to live on 4hrs pay ... Huh? i for got to mention it was about  4 hrs away from where i live an other little dillemma's .. Angry Angry

any how the job hunt continues  an some one is mowing the lawn don't they realise mines broken it's making me sick im going to town to get away from the noise it's normally so quiet hear ...
not long now till christmas the employment ageny doesn't know it yet but im going get me a new campaigner to fight the war ... Grin war of unemployment with me ... Angry in the new year Shocked
i can and i will .. Cool
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 22 October, 2009, 08:58:53 AM »

I think i have the parts to install the rack and pinion steering.

I'm going to the meet (leaving tomorrow), but I'm interested in what car you sourced the rack & pinion steering from and how you'll go about fitting it.

Might be a good topic for the Chassis forum.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Gunna
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 22 October, 2009, 02:11:04 PM »

Who else will be home

Andrew

I got the RRRR last weekend so if it wasn't for some work to be done, lack of planning, the distance and the million other things to do, I'd be there.
Nationals are always great in any car club so I know what we're missing out on.
But with the video files, jpeg's, the net and forums of today it is sometimes almost like you were there.  I know it will never be the same but it's the best we got. Cry

And guys, as an employer (and been employed for many years) just keep trying!!!.  Try to stand out from the white noise of people looking for work.  You will get lucky if your prepared to be lucky, if that makes sense.

My deaf wife (who wears a Bionic Ear) once sent a  hand written fax thru to an employment company saying "WARNING!!!!! DEAF WOMEN WANTS JOB.  PLEASE FAX BACK."  It took 8 minutes for her to get a job.  Squeek that wheel.
cruetoone
« Reply #4 on: Friday, 23 October, 2009, 01:49:45 PM »

unfortunatly it's who you know not what you know down here ... humor just won't cut it  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: