The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 10:20:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SA VOLKSFEST 09  (Read 15307 times)
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« on: Wednesday, 21 October, 2009, 06:25:07 AM »

G'day guys n gals

VOLKSFEST 09 is comming up 29th November.
Street Party, Swapmeet, Show' n Shine

I will probably go again even though last year was a dismal affair, Angry but to be fair, it was all a last minute emergency. Undecided

Gotta show the flag  :Smiley  Grin

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Old Sports
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 21 October, 2009, 08:31:09 AM »

Grin Grin Grin     Mate David from the Riveland I am definitely screwed for 09 meet and I am the closest member to this meet and I am not impressed to present myself without my car at this point in time.
       Personally I have re-built this car over 12 months taking into account all required peramiters.
      If you turn right after the Blanchtown bridge then left onto the Swan Reach Road lets just say I cook a lot better than I weld, Lunch, Brunch no problem.
                                                                     Call on me Mate.
( The King Ding a Ling  james has my phone # )
cruetoone
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 22 October, 2009, 04:49:00 AM »

i thought that area looked close to where you were .... Huh? looks like a great event shame it's out of state for me that is .. Cry
the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 27 October, 2009, 10:50:42 AM »

Hi Lads and Lasses,

Is anyone going to this?

Cheers

Shane
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 27 October, 2009, 03:56:56 PM »

I'll be endevouring to be there

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Iain
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 28 October, 2009, 12:38:14 AM »

Knowing Phil, i will get dragged along ....phil will see to that...even if its just to complain about how shoddy the event is run.   Iain in the striped banana

sexyist car in Elizabeth
Xntrik1
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, 28 October, 2009, 01:34:01 PM »

C'mon B1, you know the sexiest car in Elizabeth has to be shown off at Glenelg. Cheesy

Tom
dodgy
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, 29 October, 2009, 03:19:00 AM »

At this stage it looks like ive got a tattoo show to go to so probably wont make it but i will let you know at a later date BB. Not sure what StReeks doing yet either.
Dodgy
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, 29 October, 2009, 10:51:38 AM »

At this stage I am a definite maybe for this one bit I will drive Dodgy there if I go.  I hate the looks you get when the judges notice you have no VW motor fitted.

Will let you know as it gets closer.

S t R e e k   .  .      . 

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #9 on: Friday, 20 November, 2009, 02:38:21 PM »

I'm suggesting a gathering (particularly for those in the North), in the "layby"/ Viewing Area on the left on the "Port Express way" (before South Road) for about 0900hrs till 0915hrs on the day.

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #10 on: Monday, 30 November, 2009, 11:41:31 AM »

Well it was a good day afterall.
Went through a downpour of rain on the way, then the rest of the day was all sun.

It was a similar affair to last year with everyonejust parking where and when the arrived. Not great for showing off the cars.

There were only two Reeks, Iains and the Stockade.
Iain had a top day with a flutter on the Pokies. (Thanks again for that treat Iain).
And then he went on to win "First Prize" in the KitKarKlass. Surprisingly I took home 2nd. Not sure what we were up against to warrant two trophies in the class.

cruetoone
« Reply #11 on: Monday, 30 November, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »

the photo's say it all ...well done guys  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
reek on.
Iain
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #12 on: Monday, 30 November, 2009, 12:12:56 PM »

Evening ALL!!!
Well just thought I would update on what happened at the Volksfest 09 (Today).
Phil In the stockade reek and me and the son in law in the banana turned up to the show.  In the last couple of days we have had severe winds and a shit load of rain, even at 7am this morning it was pelting down and I wasn’t sure if I was going to take the reek to Volksfest on account of my side windows leak.  But at eight o’clock the rain had stopped and the sun was shining, from that moment on the day was absolutely perfect, the sun shone and the wind was very little.  From the moment we got to the meet, interest in the Purvis Eureka’s was prominent, and even some of our distinguish members turned up, but, without their reeks. 
We had a great lunch at the Port Docks Pub which was paid for due to an extremely happy win on the pokies.  Then to top it off !…Well both Phil and I received first and second in the kit car class (Yippy) The Volksfest was a good meet this year and the Vee Dub club gave all the cars participating a raffle ticket for a one of prise.  My number was 96 and Phil’s number was 94 and guess what number was drawn? 
You guessed it……….. 95.
Phil has posted pics.....thanks Phil...top job.

We are still thinking of all the old and new friends we made at Mildura and can’t wait to see you all and your Reeks again.

Regards
(B1) Iain & (B2) Virginia

sexyist car in Elizabeth
shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #13 on: Monday, 30 November, 2009, 11:18:56 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!! Grin Grin Grin

Well done! Sounds like you guys had a blast!
WYKED1
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, 02 December, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »

Well done boys
great that crash test has now got a trophy
Id better lift my game and spruce up wyked1 from now on
excellent guys  Grin
james
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: