The Purvis Eureka Forum
Monday, 29 April, 2024, 06:01:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mildura Meet People travailing from Sydney or near  (Read 15884 times)
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« on: Friday, 28 August, 2009, 09:54:11 AM »

Hi

I will be going to the meet but am at present trying to work out my time/date of departure.
My car will not be running so I will be taking my Toyota hiac (yes I know a van to a sports car meeting)
So if there is a group of people leaving or passing through Sydney I can carry luggage/tools to make people’s lives easier. Also can take two passengers if required. Simon did speak to me about just this  a month ago so buddy if you would like the seat let me know.

So people who is going and who needs or would like to utilise the space.

Please let me know so I can book my trip dates.

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Friday, 28 August, 2009, 11:25:20 AM »

here's what we have so far,not sure what travelling plan there is as no one has comfirmed apart from cyco as to what a rough plan is.

"it's starting to look like we may have a nice convoy happening.if so we need to work out meeting times and locations and work out accommadation for thursday and monday nights.Narandera is about 1/2 way between newcastle /sydney and mildura,i've had a look on the net and we should be able to get something for around $80 a room so if a couple of us share it will make it a bit cheaper.if any one is interested i will look into it further".

...Darren
dodgy
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 28 August, 2009, 02:07:09 PM »

Hi Andrew, Just wondering if any of the NSW  or Vic ppl live or work near St Clair or Manly sydney metro or Narre Warren South Vic? Im watching a couple of manicure tables on ebay and was just wondering if it was possible for someone to store one if I win it and bring it with them to Mildura for me. I would get it couriered to your place of course. And if you have an empty van coming to mildura.....but they are about 100cm long x 80cm high x 45cm deep, not sure what they weigh and they definately wont fit in a reek  Grin  Huge ask but just thought I'd put it out there  Smiley
Dodgy
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #3 on: Friday, 28 August, 2009, 10:49:28 PM »

Hi Dodge-baby,
                            Never a big ask for a fellow reek freak.  I'd happily pick the table up for you if you win. Andrew will probably be able to fit it in his van.

I'm thinking about that offered seat in your van, Andrew. But I'm also thinking about doing one of my old long range trips. When I was posted to Adelaide in the '80s I fitted a huge fuel tank to my Datto 1600 and drove several 1400k trips straight through to Sydney without stopping in about 10 hours. Yes, these were "passion" runs! This was before the Hay plains were patrolled though and I could hold my bladder for that long.

I'm building a second long range tank for my ute at the moment. If I choose to bring it I'm a second option for your table, Dodgy. I'll see how things pan out.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
dodgy
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 29 August, 2009, 03:12:32 PM »

Hi Simon, That is very kind of you to offer, thank you  Smiley
Can I contact you if I win it? and if we can get it to Mildura that would be awesome but if not  perhaps if you could store it for me until I can arrange a drive over myself. These tables are made of fibreglass  (how ironic  Shocked) and apparently dont do couriers very well!
Cheers Simon
Dodgy
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 30 August, 2009, 11:05:05 AM »

Don't hesitate to contact me Dodge-baby,
                                                                     Mob is 0417 997 908. I'll make sure your table is delivered without undue hassle/damage. Be aware however, its going to cost you (X) quantity of beer or some free body ink...

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, 10 September, 2009, 06:31:00 AM »

have we decided on a convoy plan yet?
I am for a stop over on the way at Narrandera or there abouts.
I feel doing the trip in one stint will make friday night less enjoyable after a 13-14 hour drive.
Cyco and myself are planning to travell together and stopping somewhere on thursday night,if any one else wants to do the same let me know
and i will research on accomadation.
Shonko what are your plans? if you want you can stay at my place wednesday night if you want if you are passing through then.
..Darren   
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, 10 September, 2009, 12:36:36 PM »

Yup, basically what Darren (redreek) said. 

Just over 6 weeks to go.

Bring it on!!!!! 

Grin Cool Afro

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, 16 September, 2009, 12:15:35 AM »

Hey Darren,

I am planning on leaving Wednesday with my 12yo son in tow.....if you have a piece of floor we can crash on that would be awsome. We could then make our way to Mildura on Thursday, with a stop over Thu night, picking up the others along the way.........

I have your business card I will ring the mobile number soon to discuss.

"I am so excited"...... Grin

Shonko
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, 16 September, 2009, 11:16:33 AM »

thats ok ,we have a fold out lounge thingy you's can sleep on in the lounge room.
i have been waiting to hear back from anyone before i make phone calls for the thurs nite stop over.i'm thinking hay or narandra at this point.
..Darren
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, 17 September, 2009, 03:21:29 AM »

I've been off the net for a bit. I've moved (again). About 10 minutes from my previous address, so still in the same area.

I'm fine for where ever you choose Darren. As long as it has a supply of wino's I'm good.

Tongue

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, 17 September, 2009, 05:59:38 AM »

when i make the booking i will arrange one to be ready on your arrival.
Darren 
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #12 on: Friday, 18 September, 2009, 07:20:12 AM »

lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, 20 September, 2009, 02:31:42 AM »

So cool of you to offer space in your van Agroeureka i took a holden commodore to the last one it was not so bad..... Tongue
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, 22 October, 2009, 02:15:54 AM »

Hi

Sad to say but the coin gods have conspired to stop me from attending this meet.

Am presently in the joyfull process of looking for gainful full time employment.

And would like to thank Simon for your offer.

Regards

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: