The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 20 April, 2024, 07:40:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queensland Rego  (Read 5595 times)
Gunna
« on: Tuesday, 25 August, 2009, 10:09:03 AM »

Hi Gang,
New to your forum and been reading for a while.  Great stuff.

Looking to buy a decent unit but big question is:

WHAT IS NEEDED FOR QUEENSLAND REGISTRATION?

Gunna
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 25 August, 2009, 10:14:24 AM »

No use looking around seriously without the legal ascepts sorted out first.
e.i. Does the eureka need to have Queensland rego to be transferred into my name?
Obviously any car will need a Roadworthy certificate but what else may I require?

Thanks,
Dean

PS My username is not because I'm gun mad, just "gunna" do a lot of things but...................... Grin
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 25 August, 2009, 10:12:43 PM »

Hi Dean,
               Welcome to the forum. There are a few QLD reeks popping up from time to time so keep an eye out for one with rego or a provable recent history of one (hard copies in your hand). You don't need to have it rego'ed in QLD to have it changed over to your name.

The changeover from another states' rego is relatively straight forward for QLD. The hard state appears to be SA. Try to get an Engineering Certificate with your chosen reek, 'cause this can save many hassles down the track.

Let us know how you go.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Gunna
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 26 August, 2009, 05:08:10 PM »

Thanks Simon,
Great advice I had forgotten about from years ago.
Just skinning the cat a different way Grin.

I hear what your saying about hardcopy/original rego, roadworthy and engineering certificates.  Worth gold to cranky Queensland Transport Officer on a friday afternoon.  I venture in there on Tuesdays if I can. Never on Thrusdays, Fridays or Mondays.

Now I just need to find a reek which is complete, targa roof, late model motor and painted in a colour my wife will love for about $100 Embarrassed.

Honestly, I have a few dollars and looking for a good unit.  I'll keep my eye out in the ads.

If anyone in Brissy area would like to connect so I can drool over their reek I'd love to catch up.  I just have a lowly Suzuki Swift atm.

Thanks again,
Dean
Gunna
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 01 September, 2009, 09:23:46 AM »

An update re Queensland rego.

I have spoken to "John" by phone at the Modifications Department of Queensland Transport and basically if it's from interstate and been modified (ala a Eureka Kit Car) you must fill in a form which is found here:
 http://www.support.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/formsdat.nsf/8947c9bfbd134b464a25669000137547/17d2a89d810832a04a2566d000028e8b/$FILE/F1854_es.pdf

If you take it to a Qld RWC station and try to get a RWC they'll just bounce you straight to their department anyway by having to fill out the form.

He suggested to add as much detail as possible as well as lots of photo's.  They then cross reference chassis and engine #'s to the Australian database.

If the car is currently registered in another state then they may be able to give straightforward rego approval with what they call a "reciprocal registration arrangement" with the other state.

If it was unregistered from another state, same thing.

If it was never registered, then the real fun begins!!!!!

So............ If you Reek owners want to sell your cars one day in the future keep every scrape of paperwork, have it laminated and put into a fireproof safe Smiley.

My  best options are:

1.  Buy a Queensland Reek with current rego and a RWC.
2.  Buy a registered Reek from another state with as much supporting paperwork as possible.
3  Buy any Reek which has been registered before.
4  Last option is to buy a never registered Reek or a new start project.

I hope this information helps someone in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: