The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 05:50:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Targa Roof imports  (Read 25632 times)
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, 26 September, 2009, 03:12:18 PM »

To get anyone here in Oz to make moulds is going to cost more, as they'll have to go from scratch, and materials/labour cost more here than Malaysia. 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, 26 September, 2009, 07:06:53 PM »

no harm in getting quotes from a local business.... Grin
Gunna
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, 27 September, 2009, 12:08:15 AM »

So that's with a screen? Wow, a screen on it's own, if ordered individually, is around the $1,400. With 10 ordered it becomes something like $800. So it sounds good.

One thing comes to mind, is if the windscreen would meet Australian Design Standards.

With the Stirling, their roof doesn't fit our 'reeks. The main body tub was modified to meet our ADR's at the time, and the roof for the Stirling doesn't fit. And I'm fairly sure that means the Nova roof wouldn't fit either.

There was a rally 'reek in NZ that rolled and needed a new roof. They found that they could get a cheaper one from the US, and ordered one. But it didn't fit. Don't know what happened to that one.
[/quote]

The screen probably won't have any Ozzy standards on it like the DOT mark, but like most things "it could be replaced later"!!!

I give Lim a call and find out exactly what he copied the roof off. 

I'll be back.
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, 27 September, 2009, 12:24:32 AM »

Hi,
I think the $1400 screen is a Sports screen which are no longer made and have to be speciallly made in large orders to make it profitabe for the manufactures. Thats why they order 10 at a time, to bring the price down.
Pl30/F4 screens i believe are still easily avaliable. Mine only cost around $500, (can't exactly remember,but it was much less than i expected) less than a couple of years ago. I assume nothing's changed. Any windscreen Co should still be able to source them.

Liam.....

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, 27 September, 2009, 04:17:53 AM »

Ah, my bad. You're probably right Liam. The Sport 'screen is probably what I was thinking of, whist this one should have the PL30/F4 'screen, which would be cheaper. Still, a new targa roof and 'screen for $2,000 - $2,500 isn't that bad.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, 27 September, 2009, 11:53:03 AM »

G'day Gravel

er..... things have moved on in the last 12 months.
Sports screens are now not hard to get and you can buy "one" for under $400
PL30/F4 a little less

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Gunna
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, 27 September, 2009, 12:46:20 PM »

With the Stirling, their roof doesn't fit our 'reeks. The main body tub was modified to meet our ADR's at the time, and the roof for the Stirling doesn't fit. And I'm fairly sure that means the Nova roof wouldn't fit either.

There was a rally 'reek in NZ that rolled and needed a new roof. They found that they could get a cheaper one from the US, and ordered one. But it didn't fit. Don't know what happened to that one.
[/quote]

Email from Lim today:

Hi Dean,
Our main roof design is a replica of the Eureka one but the panel for the targa is slightly different from that of the eureka.
However it shld not be a problem as the opening for the targa panels and overall shape is the same.
Thanks and regards
Lim

I hope his right.
Order goes ahead early next month and should see the roof around mid November.

I got a "rough" quote from one of the best fiberglasser's in the business to do the roof.  Starts at $5-8k for "mates rates" which was excepted.  He said it would look good in carbon fibre.........I didn't even ask.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, 27 September, 2009, 03:08:49 PM »

G'day Gravel

er..... things have moved on in the last 12 months.
Sports screens are now not hard to get and you can buy "one" for under $400
PL30/F4 a little less

Really? That's awesome news!! Not that I need one, but there are people out there that do. Is that for a single order or as part of a batch?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, 27 September, 2009, 03:11:01 PM »

[/i]
Email from Lim today:

Hi Dean,
Our main roof design is a replica of the Eureka one but the panel for the targa is slightly different from that of the eureka.
However it shld not be a problem as the opening for the targa panels and overall shape is the same.
Thanks and regards
Lim

I hope his right.
Order goes ahead early next month and should see the roof around mid November.

I got a "rough" quote from one of the best fiberglasser's in the business to do the roof.  Starts at $5-8k for "mates rates" which was excepted.  He said it would look good in carbon fibre.........I didn't even ask.
[/quote]

Well, if the roof is the same, then it doesn't matter about the targa panel, as it will come with the roof.

That quote is, high. Ouch. I'd love one in carbon fiber, but I don't have the keys to Fort Knox on me at the moment...

Good luck with the order. Let us know how it goes.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Gunna
« Reply #24 on: Friday, 09 October, 2009, 09:53:30 AM »

FYI to those interested:

The TT cost AUD$1,889.15 for USD$1650.00.
Gotta love the USD/AUD exchange rate ATM.
Estimated landed cost should be that, +15% which should = AUD$2172.52 or thereabouts.

Hope it fits Huh? :Smiley
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #25 on: Friday, 09 October, 2009, 01:54:45 PM »

Damn!!

Fingers crossed dude.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, 10 October, 2009, 11:31:02 AM »

and don't forget the toe's cause if this works out for you... you will go down in reek history people will be talking about it for decades.... Grin
Gunna
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, 10 October, 2009, 11:42:13 AM »

and don't forget the toe's cause if this works out for you... you will go down in reek history people will be talking about it for decades.... Grin

Mmmm..........
Now you got me worried.  Is that good or bad?? Embarrassed
I guess we'll find out in 6 weeks or so.
I hope it pans out for all.

Now I'm going hide back in my cave away from that spotlight.
cruetoone
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, 10 October, 2009, 11:45:47 AM »

oops i do mean it in a good sense don't be disan hearted by the way it comes across ok .... Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
cruetoone
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, 10 October, 2009, 11:47:34 AM »

we are all cheering you on .... Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: