The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 11:58:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Targa Roof imports  (Read 25645 times)
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« on: Thursday, 13 August, 2009, 10:50:33 PM »

I sent a message to "Noreca" asking if they would export their targa roofs to australia and today i recieved a reply.
I will cost is around $1600.00US landed. Thats about $1950.00AUS.
They said there the same as Nova/Eureka and will fit.
The Noreca roof looks like an F4 design(not 100% sure). Will the Eureka F4 roof fit any Eurela?

If any one is after a targa roof then at least we know there available albeit a little exxy (got to add a windscreen to that).
Liam..

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #1 on: Friday, 14 August, 2009, 04:02:55 AM »

Good job Liam,

That's not a bad price at all considering a Targa or T-top roof from the Feb 2002 Eureka Sports Cars pricelist was $2500 (inc GST) plus windscreen.

What the build quality would be like is anyone's guess although he does state that they are "..manufactured under ISO 9001:2000 quality system..." and that they comply with some other numbers as well .........  Huh? whatever they are.

Still, it is one way to get a Targa roof if you are after one.

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Friday, 14 August, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »

Cool, good work Liam.

Not a bad price compared to that supplied by Paul. But quality is an unknown.

The F4 roof will fit a Sport as well. In fact, apparently some fit Sport models better from what I've heard. Basically the roof like is what changed, being higher at the front right behind the windscreen. This also meant the height of the windscreen is different, thus the two different 'screens as well. The base of the roof didn't change much from memory.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Friday, 14 August, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »

I've heard there's a gutter in the mould of an F4 but im not sure if that has any thing to do with the roof mould or not. thats why i wasn't sure if an F4 roof would fit the other models.
I've actually never seen an F4 for real, only in photos.!!!

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 15 August, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »

I went looking for a photo showing the gutter, but I got side tracked and lost my way. Still don't have any photos showing said gutter though. However, I do seem to remember that Paul and Morris swapped roof's. Pawl swapped Morris a F4 roof and got Morris's Sport roof. Morris wanted more head room, and Paul wanted a 'pure' Sport. He had a Sport, but it had an F4 roof, not the Sport roof. Hence the swap.

Forgive me if I have that wrong though guys.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 16 August, 2009, 10:39:23 AM »

The Later "Colleen Long" T-Top Targa roof on my reek does have gutters on 3 sides on each opening.
Stops the water coming in - obvoiusly. Never had any problems with leaks.
The 2 roof panels are simple to remove.
Makes a nice convertible in summer too.

Stu

Gunna
« Reply #6 on: Friday, 25 September, 2009, 10:57:07 AM »

So how/who/were can I get a "Targa" roof here in Ozzy Land??

The Reek I'm getting is an F4 but the first thing I'm aiming for is an open roof for the summer cruise. Afro
cruetoone
« Reply #7 on: Friday, 25 September, 2009, 11:54:39 AM »

Hey Gunna,

from what i've heard through discussion's they are hard to come by here in Oz im not from your neck of the woods so i can't recommend any one to do the modifacations to your current one...
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #8 on: Friday, 25 September, 2009, 01:37:45 PM »

So how/who/were can I get a "Targa" roof here in Ozzy Land??

The Reek I'm getting is an F4 but the first thing I'm aiming for is an open roof for the summer cruise. Afro

Keep an eye and ear out, and if one shows up, grab it before someone else does.

Or, if you can't wait, then you could risk your roof and give it the chop. Or give it to someone who knows what they're doing and let them do it.

Or you could put $2000 and get to be the guinea pig (see what I did there?) and get one from Malaysia. Then you'll have to pop your 'screen and fit it to the new roof.

That is about the extent of your options. Other than finding someone with a targa roof who will let you take moulds from their roof....

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Gunna
« Reply #9 on: Friday, 25 September, 2009, 07:20:21 PM »

Thanks Gang,
Thought as much.
I'd make pretty good Cavia porcellus, so I'll chase up the Malaysian Guy and get back to you.
The old roof will be kept in storage.

Question: Who has the moulds here in OZ atm?
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, 26 September, 2009, 02:47:28 AM »

I believe Paul Nelson still has the moulds. He was/is the last owner of the business. Though to all reports the moulds have deteriorated to much to be of use. To make a full set of moulds would require someone's car or an unassembled kit, and around $10,000, though that figure could be $15,000 these days. Someone looked into it a couple of years ago.

The roof is the most complicated piece of the car, naturally. The roof is made of two pieces, the outer shell and the inner skin. The two halves then had to be 'glued' together. And there's the targa panel on the Targa roof as well.

I have been in contact with one of the members over on Euro-Nova who lives half a year in Singapore (think it's there...) and makes occasional forays into Malaysia. Don't think he's made one recently though. And only part way through this year, a mate moved to Malaysia, though he's not a car nut he might be able to take a look for us. But I'm guessing he wouldn't know quality GRP work to sub standard GRP work.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Gunna
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, 26 September, 2009, 06:13:10 AM »

For the sort of money involved I'll take a punt and order one in. 

I assume the Sterling ones are made in the States but don't have a Targa option??

My biggest worry is getting it shipped without damage.  I assume screens are available for them??

If it works out I'll double my money and on-sell to you guys!! :Smiley
Gunna
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, 26 September, 2009, 08:01:02 AM »

Email from Lim,

Targa Roof complete with windscreen bonded-in US 1100.00
Wooden Crate 150.00
Shipping Cost 400.00
Shipping Time - 2weeks
Production Lead Time - 3weeks

That's:
         1,650.00 USD = 1,900.22 AUD
United States Dollars    Australia Dollars 
1 USD = 1.15165 AUD   1 AUD = 0.868321 USD

Add about 15% in Customs and GST crap, plus a little for our friendly frieght forwarders, and that should be about $2300AUD.

Does that sound about right Guys?? Undecided

cruetoone
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, 26 September, 2009, 12:25:27 PM »

Guys how about local business types  like this...

http://www.adcomp.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=2

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, 26 September, 2009, 03:11:17 PM »

Email from Lim,

Targa Roof complete with windscreen bonded-in US 1100.00
Wooden Crate 150.00
Shipping Cost 400.00
Shipping Time - 2weeks
Production Lead Time - 3weeks

That's:
         1,650.00 USD = 1,900.22 AUD
United States Dollars    Australia Dollars 
1 USD = 1.15165 AUD   1 AUD = 0.868321 USD

Add about 15% in Customs and GST crap, plus a little for our friendly frieght forwarders, and that should be about $2300AUD.

Does that sound about right Guys?? Undecided

So that's with a screen? Wow, a screen on it's own, if ordered individually, is around the $1,400. With 10 ordered it becomes something like $800. So it sounds good.

One thing comes to mind, is if the windscreen would meet Australian Design Standards.

With the Stirling, their roof doesn't fit our 'reeks. The main body tub was modified to meet our ADR's at the time, and the roof for the Stirling doesn't fit. And I'm fairly sure that means the Nova roof wouldn't fit either.

There was a rally 'reek in NZ that rolled and needed a new roof. They found that they could get a cheaper one from the US, and ordered one. But it didn't fit. Don't know what happened to that one.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: