The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 21 April, 2024, 01:20:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well bugger me, there's a new Reek (sort of) manufacturer out there!!  (Read 8956 times)
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« on: Monday, 20 July, 2009, 01:44:14 PM »

G'day gang,

I received an email in broken English from someone named "Lim" asking me to check out their product but they forgot to inform me of their website address.  However I'm a reasonably clever little sausage when it comes to 'puters  Wink so I figured it out.   Cheesy  You've got to check this out. 

http://norecasportscar.com  and it's called the MOON-ACE GT  Cry

It's in Malaysia and it seems ridgy didge  Huh? and it's up to you whether you like it or not but it's out there so check it out especially if you're looking for a brand new kit with a modern edge.

Not my cup of tea sorry but definitely worth a squiz,

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
Phantom_eureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Monday, 20 July, 2009, 08:40:34 PM »

It's one of those "it looks nice, but i wouldn't own one" cars. Too much 'F40' For my taste.
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Monday, 20 July, 2009, 10:21:42 PM »

Holy dooley!
                 This exact guy rang me about 3 months ago asking about my involvement/knowledge of Eurekas and if I'd be interested in working with him. He didn't go into too much detail about what he had in mind for me but I realised he was way down the production path and had plenty of dollars behind him for the journey.

I like it! It's obviously a reek with a heap of other styling cues (and a couple of my own ideas: bastard!) but I think it looks good. If he can keep the price down it should sell well.

I wouldn't mind one. Custom built of course! That's it. I'm writing to him...

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
barab13
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 21 July, 2009, 02:52:38 AM »

wow   i like it too 
                                  id buy one ,the full wheel arch looks good too.       

barab13
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 21 July, 2009, 08:15:51 AM »

Think I'm going to be sick in my mouth. I like 'some' aspects of the forward section the full wheel arch I think is a smart move, side skirting doesn't look that much different, other than being more flush with the main tub, but that rear end and spoiler need to go. The rear end is the part that really needs to go most. Like most kit cars. At least he made it both left & right paw.

With that front bumper with it's aero pack, it's even worst now when tackling driveways and speedbumps, let along the typical Aussie "Mini eating' roads.

It's only indirectly inspired by the Nova. Look at that rear deck, that's flat. It's a F4 deck. The roofline is F4. And a targa roof at that. And it looks like it hasn't been modified. So probably is getting his windscreens from the same place we're getting them from overseas. Which means larger bulk orders. But no 'elephant ears in the photos. I'd have to say he based it on a 'reek.

Which has me thinking. If he did this here in Oz, he'd be stepping on Paul Nelsons toes. Not that Paul was doing much with the company, but still encroaching never the less. But being in Malaysia, I doubt Paul has anything he can do even if he wanted to stop them.

There's something in to overall proportions that throw it out to me, it looks too stretched. That nose somehow looks longer, though it probably isn't.

He missed a great chance to redevelop the Nova line. I'd have removed it from the VW completely. I know it's to help keep costs down, but the humble Bug isn't made any more. And it's tech that's about 50 years old.

As discussed on the Euro Nova forum, I'd have gone with purpose built chassis with a cab forward design.

It is interesting to note, that the cost is comparable to the kit in the '70's.

Going to post this over on the Euro Nova forum Paul, hope you don't mind if I include your original post.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, 21 July, 2009, 09:06:22 AM »

IMHO that's how the wheel arches and side skirts should have been done in the 1st place,the left hand drive pic is only the RHD pic flipped over(have a look at the peddles and the name on the steering wheel backwards) I like it. 
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, 21 July, 2009, 09:14:55 AM »

IMHO that's how the wheel arches and side skirts should have been done in the 1st place,the left hand drive pic is only the RHD pic flipped over(have a look at the peddles and the name on the steering wheel backwards) I like it. 

Ah, well spotted.    Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

34hup
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, 21 July, 2009, 01:21:22 PM »

For me, loose the rear wing, change the bonnet to a sports and bolt on a set of elephant ears and I'd have one. At about $6200 + freight + customs probably a little change from 10k.

Kym
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, 22 July, 2009, 06:30:03 AM »

the engine lid is bigger then a std f4's as well
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, 09 August, 2009, 12:21:03 AM »

Yes, Yes, Yes!!
I like it. I thinks this guy has done a good job at taking the old Eureka design into the 21st century. I cant see the windscreen wiper though. and i hate it how they try to compare it to a Ferrari or some italian design.
I wonder if that targa roof will fit our cars?

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, 09 August, 2009, 06:57:26 AM »

I wonder if that targa roof will fit our cars?

I think there's a good chance that their targa roof will indeed fit our cars. As I said previously, it loosk to be based on the Eureka, not the Nova or Stirling. The rear deck and the roofline are F4. So if that's true, then their roof, assuming their sin't any changes that we can't see, should fit out 'reeks.

It probably will take someone who is desperate enough for a new roof to foot the bill for importing one to find out.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: