The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 12:24:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sports on carpoint.  (Read 4290 times)
mangolorry
Forum Member only

« on: Friday, 07 August, 2009, 11:40:39 PM »

Just listed on carpoint. 1975 sports. $32,000 spent on restoration. 1.6 VW. Price $35,000. Qld rego.
mr930
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 08 August, 2009, 07:16:40 AM »

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/PURVIS%20EUREKA/SPORTSMAN/Queensland/csn7506526.aspx
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 08 August, 2009, 10:18:20 AM »

i think he's put one to many 0's or their the before the full restoration photo's
i will be supprised if it sells for that much anyway.
Slug52
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 08 August, 2009, 01:42:24 PM »

Only my opinion but....I reckon that prior rego history on a Eureka that enables that car to be driven like any other car has to be worth about $10k. Getting a car on the road these days via the Engineering Certificate route can add up to heaps of time and I've spoken with people who've spent $20k restoring a car without proof of prior rego, and still find they'll have to spend another $5 or $10k to get it engineered.

The engineering option is like everything else in that it's only going to cost more in the future. The value of existing registered cars should therefore only go up if I'm right.

The biggest trouble at present is that cars are too often sold in 'desperate' circumstances, never a good way to sell anything, and as a result, for a hell of a lot less than these cars are worth.

Like anything, no matter what condition it's in, it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it on the day. It's just that on most days the value of existing rego and need to sell are not being reflected in our prices. Slug.Kiss
innovator
« Reply #4 on: Monday, 10 August, 2009, 03:27:56 AM »

I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE ON HERE CAN BAG AND RUBISH CARS AND ADS WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP IF THEY WANT BIG MONEY FOR THERE REEKS AND OOPS IF THEY GET IT THATS GOOD FOR ALL OF US HELPING IS GOOD THANKS Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: