The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 03:41:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Purvis connection to Chrysler  (Read 4565 times)
CyCo
CLUB Member

« on: Tuesday, 28 July, 2009, 02:12:17 AM »

Ok, so I was reading through the current issue of Unique Cars magazine (July issue 301), and their Pastlane feature is about the 'Sigmatron' Sigma Turbo concept car.

Basically, they turned to Alan Purvis to do the work, making up the fiberglass body pieces. One section I found worth a chuckle was this sentence "In other words, it was as much of a show stopper as Peter Brocks plastic clad HDT VC Commodore", because Alan Purvis had a hand in that as well. 

Alan fitted out the car with Recaro front & rear, a digital on-board computer, Momo steering wheel, three piece Compomotive wheels and an early car phone. This along with the wild Group 5 Euro track car body work makes it stand out.

So, another piece of Purvis Cars history comes to light. I wonder what else he worked on and what will be revealed next.

*For Simon. Heard anything about the Just Cars Magazine article yet?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 28 July, 2009, 10:15:48 PM »

Hi Cyc,
          I think that pissy little paragraph or so is all we're getting, mate. The bloke didn't ask for any further info from me after I emailed him twice and the connection story had long passed.

Realisically we need to promoting reeks in a more applicable meduim: Custom Kit Car (CKC) mag, VW Australia (VWA) and other similar mags. There's a piece on that orange SA racing reek in the latest VWA.

I might write something additional about ECCA and the reek movement for the next CKC as an early heads-up to Mildura. Did you all see me on pg 12-13 of the Aug Street Machine? The piece was about $7000 worth of free national advertising for me and the bastards didn't include my phone number! Gee's I'm off it.  

They didn't even mention I have the only ADR approved suicide door hinges in Oz. I might put together a couple of ticking letters...

Simon

PS. Good researching there Cyc-baby. You da man.

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 29 July, 2009, 02:04:13 AM »

Latest VWA you say? I'll have to hunt that down.

I did see the bit about Project Digger in Street Machine. Very cool. I saw it a few days before it hit the news stands, one of the guys I work with subscribes. We were talking cars, as we tend to do, and I mentioned your workshop by name. He immediately reached down between the front seats of the van and pulled out the current issue and flipped to the article and asked if that was you. So as advertising it's working. I'd write a polite letter to Sm and ask if they could put a section in the next issue as an 'oops' with the phone number & address of your workshop.

As for my research, I practically stumbled over that piece of info. lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: