The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 26 April, 2024, 03:23:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What have your cars been mistaken as?  (Read 10117 times)
Phantom_eureka
Forum Member only

« on: Wednesday, 22 July, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »

Just wondering if anyone else has had random people come upto their cars and say "wtf is that"  Tongue

For mine i've have

"oh your restoring a lamborghini"
"YOU DON'T OWN A MCLAREN F1" - A mate after i showed him the car
"i never knew ferrari made those tops" - neighbour looking at the roof lifted.

And a few more i can't quite remember  Grin
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 22 July, 2009, 12:41:16 PM »

Mostly Ferrari, Lamborghini and Corvette.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Slug52
Forum Member only

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 22 July, 2009, 12:46:13 PM »

I was paying for my fuel a couple of weekends ago when a lady turned in and started taking photos of the car. At first I thought she may have mistaken me for Tom Cruise (who was currently in Oz) or maybe George Clooney (rumoured to have been here at some stage). Then she asked me whether it was a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. That's when I knew it was actually  :)the car that had caught her attention. True story! Slug.
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 22 July, 2009, 10:14:41 PM »

Besides the usual Ferrari/Lambo calls,
                                                    I have a Corvette bonnet scoop on my bonnet, so my reek has been mistaken for a Corvette many times. I also rocked up to a show once and had a show judge call it a Trans-am.

It's actually a pleasure when people recognise the car and have respect for what it is, not what they want it to be.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
slaterbug69
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 10 August, 2009, 05:42:57 PM »

Working in a primary school, the kids have all kinds of ideas about what the car is. My favourite one was from a six year old girl who told me she really liked my red "safari"  Grin

Surprisingly (and pleasingly), quite a few of the dads recognise it for what it is, with several of them telling me they dreamed of getting one when they were kids. Kinda makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over . . .
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 12 August, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »

A little off the track but the most satisfying moment i ever had was when a dude was getting around Rocky in a F355 ferarri. Coming into town one day i zoomed up behind him and overtook him. by the time he caught up to me i was turning off and his neck was nearly streached out the passanger window trying to see what my car was. Grin

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
barab13
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, 12 August, 2009, 12:33:36 PM »

at jb hi fi instalation the other day this guy said to me it kinda reminds me of a ferrari   cross pantera even though he knew what it was.
bushboy
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, 12 August, 2009, 10:57:46 PM »

Over her in the UK my I have been told that my reek is a lotus on several occasions, one lady was trying to see what badges it had on it so she could tell her grand kids what model ferrari it was and while fill it it with fuel I was asked was it ons of those fast cars!!!!! Huh?.

Quite often when paying for fuel at a busy petrol station the poor cashier cant even see the car cause some tin top has parked in front of it.

I get lots of thumbs up approvals on the motor ways

Bushboy
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, 13 August, 2009, 05:39:31 AM »

Your's gets a Thumbs up from me Bushboy Grin and you can honestly say "YES it's one of those Fast cars". Shocked

But on the subject, a number of us were traveling in convoy to the Can'tberra National Meet last year. We pulled up in Nerrandera for fuel and were followed in by two Fararri's. They asked if they could join us for the trip to the Nat meet in Sydney. "What Huh?," we replied, "the Nat meet is in Canberra",  "No" they said, "the Fararri meet is in Sydney".  James had to explain in carefull detail so as not to offend and embarass. We had a good chuckle at that, particularly when the girlfriend jumped out and was busy taking photo's.

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Iama Ardfark
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, 20 August, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »

But its so much fun...my most common question is "how fast does it go". The answer usually depends on the age of the person asking, and I do admit to replying on one occassion that 600 kph was quite achievable, with just a nod and a "not bad" reply. Hate to think what a really cool speed would be.
But it never ceases to amaze me as to just how many people recognize the car immediately, and are very aware of the detail.

Phil

Wadya mean I CAN'T work on the Reek today ??
cruetoone
« Reply #10 on: Monday, 24 August, 2009, 11:58:20 AM »

when i had mine
it was called a thing at 12 in the morning by a cop in parramatta who was looking over it because it had no number plates when i drove it back from Qld to NSW just one of those red letters to get you from point a to point b ,

a funny looking v w at a round about  in cronulla ,

nice car by a couple of girls at  brighton beach who have never seen one before,

does it have a V8 by some kids in beverly hills ,

a yellow rocket by my brother ,

why don't sell that bloody thing by my dad ,

when did you sell your lotus by my neighbor,

oh how i miss my beast by me  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
dodgy
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, 29 August, 2009, 03:21:40 PM »

awwwww Dave thats so sad

How about whos got a reek and hasnt told family....yet   Shocked
anyone Huh?
Dodgy
WYKED1
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, 30 August, 2009, 03:42:20 AM »

Comon Dodgy
What are you implying  Wink
Rita knows everything
Quick someone throw a sheet over that   Grin
cruetoone
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, 07 October, 2009, 02:39:31 PM »

have you added to your assortment james..... Huh?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: