The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 11:59:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another one spotted in the movies!  (Read 4721 times)
CyCo
CLUB Member

« on: Sunday, 05 July, 2009, 09:50:57 AM »

Ok, I was trawling for new things on the net concerning the Eureka, and get the link to the Wiki page for the Nova. Now, I've seen this page before, but either it's been edited or I simply didn't notice one particular mention.

It goes on about sitings in movies, Cannonball Run II, Deathrace 2000, and Condorman. But Winners & Sinners? It's a Jackie Chan (and Sammo Hung) movie from '83 no less! Now if it's a Nova, Stirling or Eureka Sport is anyone's guess.

No I haven't seen the movie, unless it was some time ago. But check out the trailer for it, and at the 2:00 mark, you'll see it. And just as that scene cuts to the next one, you can see the line at the front of the canopy crack as it starts to open. So not an Eagle then.

Actually you know, the more I watch that trailer, the more I'm sure I've seen the movie, but probably around the mid to late 80's... 

Hard to say from the trailer, but I'm guessing the Nova/Stirling/Eureka is only a 'bit part' in the movie.

Another movie to track down.

8]

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 05 July, 2009, 12:06:18 PM »

good find cyco,i would say a stirling as the parked position of the wiper would suggest LHD.the 3 cars behind the rolls are nissan 280zx about 1979 models.
..Darren
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 05 July, 2009, 12:13:44 PM »

Ah, excellent reasoning there Darren, didn't think about the wiper position for some reason. Most likely a Stirling then.

Cool

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Monday, 06 July, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »

Here's a better vid.

Smiley

[edit - I stuffed the link. Should work now.]

Tongue

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print