The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 28 April, 2024, 04:44:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My F4  (Read 144393 times)
CyCo

« Reply #105 on: Thursday, 27 May, 2010, 09:35:56 AM »

I agree Darren. The plug will let me keep using the car until I get a set of replacement tyres. I've emailed a few distributers/manufacturers of tyres, but getting 265/50 14's is getting harder.

Terry, those tyres have been described as some in the club as being around 20 years old! So they really do need replacing.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

jateureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, 01 June, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »

Just read through and saw you had issues with your battery isolation switch.

I have dealt with these on the electric bicycles. You can buy them for $17.95 from Jaycar electronics and they come with a rubber boot. You can also get them from boating shops like Whitworths and Bias Boating ($12.90 higher rating, 500A I think with larger terminal studs but no rubber boot). Other places like RS Components and the auto racing shops want > $50.
CyCo

« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, 02 June, 2010, 07:40:57 AM »

Thanks for the info. It seems to be behaving itself now, other than the search for wide rubber for my 14" wheels.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #108 on: Monday, 14 June, 2010, 01:26:38 PM »

Hi

As you may have readed i have updated to 16*?? rims and tyres my rears are no good but the fronts may be ok if you need them for rego let me know there yours

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
CyCo

« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, 15 June, 2010, 02:47:39 AM »

Hi

As you may have readed i have updated to 16*?? rims and tyres my rears are no good but the fronts may be ok if you need them for rego let me know there yours

Andrew

Thanks for that Andrew, but weren't they 15" rims, and old tyres as well. I can get new tyres in the same size as I have now, but lacking the raised white lettering. I may just have to bite the bullet and get them. Yokohama don't do them any more in 265/50/14. Waiting from an email back from BF Goodrich. May just ring them tomorrow.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #110 on: Friday, 08 October, 2010, 01:02:53 AM »

It's been ages since I last posted anything to do with the saga regarding the tyres. I got a set of BF Goodrich TA Radials off of evilbay. Not new, but in good condition, apparently only 100klm on them. Were allegedly on a show car, but when you look at one of the 265's, there's damage on the side of the tread where it rubbed on a guard. But it's not enough to ruin the tyre.

But as there was no way that four wide tyres  would fit in the cockpit of a 'reek, I had to take off the wheels and take them to the tyre place and get them to swap the tyres over for me.

Luckily a work mate had a set of 4 axle stands, which made the process a whole lot easier.

And I kept the old TA's. They were only going to be destroyed, and given how hard it is to find wide rubber for 14" rims, I decided to keep them as spares.

Finally, anyone remember the saga of my getting it past rego last year? Remember the seat belts? Only one came with the stalk and Darren had some 'fun' getting one from the store we bought it from.

Earlier this year, I eventually got another short stalk, so they both match, and the passenger has a functional seat belt!!  

It's booked in for rego next tuesday, here's hoping it passes this time.  

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, 13 October, 2010, 01:57:38 AM »

She passed rego today, so bring on Coffs!

Afro

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, 13 October, 2010, 11:17:11 AM »

thank good for that,i've been waiting for a call Tongue
CyCo

« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, 13 October, 2010, 12:30:30 PM »

lol, don't worry, I got Ron to help out.  Tongue

Just needed the brake lights fixed. Fitted a new brake light switch, bled the brakes, and she's fine. Also fitted a new stereo. Woo! Finally.

Yep, fixed same day. As it turned out, Ron had a day off so I ran down about midday and we got it all done during the afternoon. Made the run back just after 7pm. Got to say it again, but damn those HID headlights work well.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #114 on: Thursday, 14 October, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »

i have a set of HID's but have not fitted them yet
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #115 on: Thursday, 14 October, 2010, 10:34:23 AM »

does that mean it's my turn next rego to help you out? Tongue
CyCo

« Reply #116 on: Thursday, 14 October, 2010, 02:50:36 PM »

The HID headlights are worth the effort. At least if you sometimes drive the 'reek during the night.

As for next years rego, I certainly hope not.  lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, 21 October, 2010, 05:25:22 AM »

great to hear you got yours tyres cause i just read in my local adverts for the sized tyres an automatically thought of ya  but it's too late now..
CyCo

« Reply #118 on: Friday, 25 February, 2011, 09:02:12 AM »

Just a small update.

It's all mine!!! Just paid off the loan (one year a head of time), so the 'reek is wholly mine.

So I'm debt free, for now.

8]

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #119 on: Friday, 25 February, 2011, 10:54:43 AM »

Well done

Now its time to upgrade

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke