The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 28 April, 2024, 07:53:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My F4  (Read 144432 times)
cruetoone
« Reply #90 on: Friday, 16 April, 2010, 08:11:57 AM »

here's to hoping that's great news now you just have to drive it more so the battery doesn't go flat.. Grin
CyCo

« Reply #91 on: Monday, 26 April, 2010, 07:29:53 AM »

It usually gets driven or started at least every two weeks.

Saying that, I was getting ready for a short afternoon drive just now, but we had some serious thunderclouds and rolling thunder coming over, so that put a stop to my drive. Still started her and ran her for about 10 minutes though. And she did start with no problems.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, 28 April, 2010, 12:51:39 PM »

excellent , does it look like the problem of it's stutter step fixed..
CyCo

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, 09 May, 2010, 07:53:49 AM »

I'm screwed.

Well, at least my rear passenger tyre is. Must have picked it up during last weeks sunday afternoon drive.   Angry

I just went out to start her and she how she ran, I think I picked up some bad fuel, or there was a bit of water in it, as it wasn't idling well last week before I went for the drive (fueled up part way into the drive). And as I was locking up the garage, I noticed one of the rear tyres was flat.

Now, given how old these tyres are, I don't think any tyre place worth it's salt will repair that, if it's possible. Which means, any plans for the gearbox will have to take a step back as replacing these isn't going cheap, there's serious acreage of rubber under my 'reek. And given that the rears are 265 (fronts are 245) and I haven't found a supply of TA Radials (hey, I like the look...) in that size, I'll have to drop the rears down to 255.

I'll also take the wheel off and take it to my local tyre place and see what they say, but I'm not expecting anything positive.

I'm off now to email Antique Tyres to get a quote on 4 new tyres.  Cry Well, the handling should pick up with new rubber at least.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #94 on: Monday, 10 May, 2010, 04:53:28 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/YOKOHAMA-TYRES-265-50-15-SUIT-HOT-ROD-ONE-TONNER-/200468258022?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eacd6dce6
cruetoone
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, 11 May, 2010, 07:17:11 AM »

what a great find ....price ain't half bad either.. Cool
CyCo

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, 11 May, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »

Maybe, but they were a tad far away, and for pickup only. Oh, and 15"s not 14"s.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, 12 May, 2010, 08:42:52 AM »

Well, $15.00 later, and the tyre is plugged/repaired.

That said, he said it 'should do for now' and recommended I replace the tyre due to age & wear.

I asked him if he could get some wide rubber for 14" wheels (preferably with white lettering), and he recommended, Antique Tyres. I'm in the process of emailing Antique Tyres and I'll see how that goes.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, 12 May, 2010, 08:58:43 AM »

bridgestone may have some 245/60/14's but they only have a very low number of them that they found in a container somewhere when i brought the eagers for thr rear of my reek,it may pay to give them a ring and when they say no tell them to check they may not all be sold yet.
..Darren
CyCo

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, 12 May, 2010, 09:25:09 AM »

bridgestone may have some 245/60/14's but they only have a very low number of them that they found in a container somewhere when i brought the eagers for thr rear of my reek,it may pay to give them a ring and when they say no tell them to check they may not all be sold yet.
..Darren

Thanks for the heads up Darren, I might give them a call tomorrow.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, 12 May, 2010, 10:02:56 AM »

Thought that since I had the rear wheel off, I'd take a couple of photos of the rear disc brake conversion.

They're VW hubs machined down to take Brembo disc brakes. Calipers are from Fiat 125. Don't let anyone tell you Fiat 125's didn't exist. lol They were done by John Sherman, though these days he uses EA (BA?) Falcon.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

bushboy
Forum Member only

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, 12 May, 2010, 10:22:33 PM »

Cyco,
That is the same conversion I have on my reek.  Also exchange FIAT 125 calipers are available in the northern hemisphere on an exchange basis.  I replaced mine last year.

Bushboy
cruetoone
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, 20 May, 2010, 11:03:35 AM »

excellent photo's of  the convesion i should check an post the ones i sent to paul it would make a good comparison for the difference.. Smiley
TerryC
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, 27 May, 2010, 04:12:14 AM »

Well, $15.00 later, and the tyre is plugged/repaired.

That said, he said it 'should do for now' and recommended I replace the tyre due to age & wear.

I asked him if he could get some wide rubber for 14" wheels (preferably with white lettering), and he recommended, Antique Tyres. I'm in the process of emailing Antique Tyres and I'll see how that goes.

With regard to those plugs, I used to drive hire cars and limos and our mechanic always used those plugs to repair nail holes. Never had a problem with them, even doing 110++ down the F3 freeway!   Wink

They always lasted until the tyres were due to be replaced, so I wouldn't rush out to replace the tyres until you feel that they need changing.

Terry
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, 27 May, 2010, 08:17:47 AM »

They could do with replacing,I think they may have been on the 1st eureka made they are that old Smiley Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: