The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 20 April, 2024, 06:27:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My F4  (Read 143979 times)
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #30 on: Monday, 19 October, 2009, 02:49:14 AM »

hi
problem with brazing was there was nothing to braze to and the bolts are welded to the runners and go through the floor with nuts under the car,if i was to braze the nuts under the car you still cant get to the bolts to get a spanner or socket on them.I rang the rego fellow to comfirm what he wanted and he was on about engineering for the seat mounts and what not.I told him i will copy dad's seat seat that has been engineered in the last 2 year so we know it's engineered correct.But i exceeded what it had,on the front mounts  i put 100mm w x 100mm w x 5mm  plates tacked to the under side of the pan,at the rear i put 50mm w x 5mm t strip on each side so the rear bolts are through the one peice of steel. if these let go cyco's joining his winno mates in heaven.(the mount on the seats would pull through long before the mounts the rego fellow was worried about).
Simmon would,nt the same rego fellow have to pass it as failed it becouse it's on the system now ? 
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #31 on: Monday, 19 October, 2009, 06:23:29 AM »

Yeah Darren,
                        You're right, but there's ways around that. And the problem would be seen to be at my end, not your mechanic's. My rego dude is a legend for side-stepping the system. Lets see how Cyc - baby goes tomorrow anyway.

Good luck!

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
cruetoone
« Reply #32 on: Monday, 19 October, 2009, 08:00:40 AM »

got a silly question how come you need a rwc when your in nsw all you need is a pink slip ... Huh?
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #33 on: Monday, 19 October, 2009, 10:09:47 AM »

normal pink slip and it failed
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #34 on: Monday, 19 October, 2009, 10:14:38 AM »

simon
all problems have been addressed correctly it's just up to the mechanics take on the rules,theres a lot of other issues that needed addressing before what he picked on, so cyco got off pretty lite in anycase.
CyCo

« Reply #35 on: Monday, 19 October, 2009, 02:21:29 PM »

I meant pinkslip. Just a bit tired and rattled when I posted last night.

One thing I forgot to mention, was about the tin worm in the passenger pan. It was fairly riddled, mainly the  rear half. But there was newer metal underneath it. By that I mean on the inside of the cabin space. Fairly decent plate, and welded in place from the top. Which is why the job took a lot less then initially thought. So Darren cut the rusted section of the original pan away and welded it up neat from the underside. Looks 100% better.

Makes you wonder about our cars. We buy these things and most of us have to fix shortcuts done by previous owners.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning. I'll be there about 8ish and see what's what.

Yeah, I probably should have got you to handle the rego again Simon, but I haven't been thinking clearly of late. 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #36 on: Monday, 19 October, 2009, 09:34:56 PM »

Positive thinking lads!
                                     You watch: it'll all be good and you'll be away. It sounds like you've done the hard yards, so the reward is waiting.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
CyCo

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, 20 October, 2009, 12:27:12 AM »

Mildura, here we come!

She passed.  Grin

Only a slight thing, and nothing to do with the 'reek. The inspection section of the RTA site was down, so they drew up a manual sheet for the rego.

Have to go into the RTA still, I've come back to swap cars. The driveway to the RTA isn't 'reek friendly from memory.

8]

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, 20 October, 2009, 10:51:51 AM »

There you go!
                        Bloody good stuff boys. Well done Darren!

See you on the road scaggs! Just like we saw the Nightrider... Ooops! Wrong reality.         

Simon

CyCo

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, 20 October, 2009, 02:13:43 PM »

So what happened to the radiator that was up front?

Radiator is still there, it's under that black fiberglass. Hasn't had a negative effect to cooling that I've noticed, maybe increased it if anything. Which really is opposite to what I want.  lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, 27 October, 2009, 05:53:21 AM »

no doubt i was always on edge around rego time congrats on getting it to mildura..
CyCo

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, 17 November, 2009, 03:59:58 AM »

Some of those that were at the meet might remember a slight oil leak from my sump, looking like it was from the sump plug area.

That's fixed.

The sump plug comes out the side of the sump on a ea82 Scooby motor, but even so, the sump plug had met a number of speed bumps in it's life time. So it really needed replacing anyway. I thought it may either be the sump plug or washer was no longer a clean fit. At least that was my hope.

So I jack up the car to get enough clearance to remove the sump plug and have something there to catch the sump oil, and drop the shifter as I was adjusting it to the sump plug. I go to pick up the shifter and knock the sump plug with my hand. And the sump plug moves...

It was barely tighter than finger tight! So I remove the plug so I can get a proper match for the length and pitch of thread (no longer made by Subaru, so sourced a 'generic part'), and put that in with the original copper washer (new one came with a plastic washer).

And no leaks.

When it went for rego, I got them to also do a quick service. Apparently to quick to tighten up the sump plug. 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, 19 November, 2009, 12:48:30 PM »

that sounds nasty ...hope the mouth was sealed during that excercise. Lips Sealed
CyCo

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, 19 November, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »

Didn't have to get right underneath, just had to jack it up do I had room to undo the sump plug and have something there to catch the oil.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, 19 November, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »

wasn't a 100% sure where a sump plug was on your engine because being hand tight made it unclear .. Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: