The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 08:19:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My F4  (Read 143033 times)
CyCo

« Reply #135 on: Sunday, 14 August, 2011, 02:04:27 AM »

Yeah, I believe the actuators are not dead, just need some repair. I talked to someone at Linak the other day, someone with a thick I think Lebaniese accent, I could hardly understand him. I asked for Cameron, but he was unavailable. I rang yesterday, but he was on a RDO, bank on monday. I'll give him a ring and see what's what. Hoefully I'll get them fixed in a week or two.

Ron suggested a timer switch so that if they are triggered they only run for say 20 seconds.

As for the switches, sounds like there are quite a few of us looking for them. Maybe we should organise a group order, when we source a likley replacement.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #136 on: Thursday, 18 August, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »

Spoke to Cameron on Monday, and posted the actuators on the same day. Due to overtime, I was late in getting to the post office, just 15 minutes before closing time, but 15 minutes after the last mail collection. I was just hoping to catch them so that they could go out first collection the next day, but as it turned out, the postal dude was running late himself and said he'd take them that last trip. So hopefully I'll get them back next week.

I'm back on the net, so no more trying to do stuff through my phone, probably will be a nice big bill for the next one. Oh well you get that. Mind you I still need to reconfigure the router. It's supposed to be fixed up by friday, but this arvo I had a hunch to try the phone line and found a dial tone. So I've just set up the router with the old setting to see what happened. I got the internet, but not the speed for my new account. But as that will probably not be active until friday, I can live with it for now.  Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #137 on: Thursday, 01 September, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »

I had a call from Linak today and they've sent me the details of what had to be repaired and the bill. Had to replace the worm gear and the engine on both actuators. So over $400, about twice what I was hoping.

Also the gearbox should arrive in country this week or the next. Was delayed somewhere on route I believe.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #138 on: Thursday, 01 September, 2011, 11:37:03 AM »

Hi

Gearbox?Huh?
4 or 5 speed???

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
CyCo

« Reply #139 on: Friday, 02 September, 2011, 10:50:00 AM »

Next time you talk to Simon, ask him about my gearbox.  lol

I'm sticking with a 4 speed VW gearbag at the moment, though it's costing a few clams. I know I could try that subaru dude in Sydney and get a reversed gearbox, but while I have a few $$$ saved up for the car in a slushfund, I don't want to go to far overboard in spending. At least for the moment.Yep the gearbox (Prostreet from Rancho) is costing me 2k, but the scooby setup is something like 3.5k.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #140 on: Saturday, 10 September, 2011, 04:02:50 PM »

The repaired actuators arrived yesterday arvo just before I left for work. Huzzah! So now I can start moving forward again.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, 18 October, 2011, 04:29:21 PM »

Ok, so pretty much none of my plans for the 'reek this year went to plan. Which means sadly my 'reek is staying in it's new home instead of heading south for Mildura this year.  Cry

Since I was getting a new fuel tank (tanks of Simon), I figured it was time to give the old gearbox the flick. It's pretty much on it's last legs, and I have this gut feeling it wont make the 2000+klm round trip. Knowing my luck, it will die on the Hay Plains. In the middle of nowhere.

But the gearbox has been delayed, and delayed, and delayed. I started this back in June. Buying the house threw a spanner in the works for a while, that's true. But it's mainly because of the delay in getting the gearbox.

I'm still coming to Mildura, for sure. I'm now riding shotgun with Darren. Which will help the both of us, looking at it realistically. We can split the fuel bill, which cost me some $250 last time to Mildura and back.

The fuel tank, gearbox and the rest will still be done, they need doing. Now it will be after this years meet.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, 25 October, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »

And she got through rego today with out a hassle. Though I'm sure the gearbox is generating more noise than it normally does, which I noticed on the short 5 minute drive to and back from the mechanic.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, 25 October, 2011, 10:32:03 AM »

good to see she got passed
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, 25 October, 2011, 01:53:09 PM »

Glad to hear it passed muster again Cyco but you're a big girl for not bringing it to Mildura  Evil

I drove the Dweebster all the way to Coffs Harbour in 2003 with a gearbox that wouldn't stay in first without you holding it in with a heap of force on the gearstick and it would jump out of top every now and then and the diff sounded like it was trying to get out at about 90kmh ... and I'd only just put the gearbag in there a month before the Coffs trip!  It stayed in there until June 2006 when I couldn't manage to hold it in first any longer so I bit the bullet and put in another $200 brand new second hand one which is still in there by the way.  Undecided

They are pretty bullet proof so give it some thought about making one last trip before you put the Rancho in it eh! Afro

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
CyCo

« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, 25 October, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »

I know they're pretty tough, and sound like it going from your story! But I don't mind. At one point it looked like I was going to have to drive the Camry to the meet in Canberra, but got a reco starter motor in it at the last minute.

I've already made plans with Darren, and I don't mind sharing driving duties with him, and I'll cover half of the fuel bill. Which will help both of our wallets.

But if I'm a big girl, what about those who are trailering their 'reeks for a 5 hour trip? They must be limp wristed pansy girls at the very least.

Tongue

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WYKED1
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, 25 October, 2011, 10:30:54 PM »

What's wrong with being a limped wrist pansy girl  Grin
james
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, 25 October, 2011, 10:33:46 PM »

if I can't drive all the way I don't go.the trip there in the reek is 1/2 the fun  Smiley
Only thing with having a passanger is have to bring less stuff due to space but thems the breaks.
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, 26 October, 2011, 03:05:14 AM »

I'll put me hand up  Grin
I'm a closet, limp wrist-ed pansy girl  Shocked

I agree. Driving is half the adventure, however, have you seen the wife's luggage?
All I need is a clean "T-Shirt" and I pick those up at the meet. What else does one need?  Whistle
(I drove to the foreign country of Melbourne last week and took a jumper.)
So I can blame her for having to buy a trailer  Grin

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
CyCo

« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, 26 October, 2011, 04:31:55 AM »

I'll put me hand up  Grin
I'm a closet, limp wrist-ed pansy girl  Shocked

I agree. Driving is half the adventure, however, have you seen the wife's luggage?
All I need is a clean "T-Shirt" and I pick those up at the meet. What else does one need?  Whistle
(I drove to the foreign country of Melbourne last week and took a jumper.)
So I can blame her for having to buy a trailer  Grin

lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: