The Purvis Eureka Forum
Thursday, 25 April, 2024, 04:20:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My F4  (Read 144109 times)
CyCo

« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, 01 June, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »

As Agro said, it's time for an upgrade.

It's only a small one, I bought a house! Three bedroom brick veneer, long single garage (enough space in front of the car for a work bench), combustion fireplace in lounge room, a/c x 2 (at either end of house), single bathroom, kitchen is kinda old but that's ok.

It's not a bad sized block, sloping back yard, front yard slopes as well but not as much, driveway should be Eureka friendly.

Made the offer this afternoon and it was accepted. So I'll be moving in about 2 months.

My heads spinning!!

Cheesy  

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, 01 June, 2011, 10:26:44 AM »

Sincere and heavy congrats Cyc-baby!
                                                          I'll look forward to seeing your new place sooner rather than later. Good stuff mate!

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, 01 June, 2011, 10:42:25 AM »

Hi

Good work
Now you wil not have to move all the time should save you some money
and then with the bench more work on the car is expected

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
ireek
Forum Member only

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, 01 June, 2011, 11:56:56 AM »

Congrats Cyco,
 I take it we will be able to hold NSW meets at your new place, seems though you are half way between Sydney and Newcastle. Ha Ha

Anthony laugh
CyCo

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, 01 June, 2011, 12:48:37 PM »

Thanks guys.

The place is pretty much a buy and move straight in. It's an older house, the current owner is the proverbial little old lady who's lived there for 30 years. So it's been fairly looked after and she's moving on into a retirement village. One feature I never went looking for is a ducted vacuum system! lol

I'm so fed up with moving around, ever since I left home at 20 the longest I've set roots down was 6 years. I hope to be at this new place longer than that.

There isn't much room for a lot of cars on the street, let alone on the property! It's a fairly quiet area, well it will be until I move in. lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #125 on: Thursday, 14 July, 2011, 03:30:26 PM »

Well, yesterday mid afternoon, I picked up the keys to my house! The Office of State Revenue, those people who give out the first home buyers grant, stuffed up and it basically meant I had to wait an extra two weeks. Could have been in there by now. Need to replace carpet and a few other odd jobs and I can move in. Hopefully by the end of the month.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #126 on: Thursday, 14 July, 2011, 10:31:15 PM »

Good stuff Cyc-baby,
                                sms me an address when you have the opportunity. If I find time I'll come up to check your reek for the work coming up.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
CyCo

« Reply #127 on: Saturday, 06 August, 2011, 05:22:33 AM »

I don't have the net connected at home yet, so I'm limited to posting at work, and a quick look on my phone (posting from that it to time consuming!! lol).

The last few weeks have been busy with work and moving. And then the actuators on the 'reek stopped working while the roof is open. So it's still at the old place, but I don't have to move out until next saturday. Ron's comming up to help out over the week end.

Sorry I haven't been in touch Simon, but it's been a little crazy lately. lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, 10 August, 2011, 10:29:31 PM »

Just a quick update whilst I have a few minutes at work. With much help from Ron, we got the 'reek over to my new place. However we had to take the actuators out as it seems that the worm gear in both units have stuffed. It seems that the keyed switch on the flank of the car was kept triggered even with the keys removed, which kept the actuators activated lifting the roof, thus stuffing the worm gears.

I'll ring Linak this arvo about shipping them down for repairs, and start the search for a new keyed switch.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #129 on: Thursday, 11 August, 2011, 10:46:41 AM »

Bummer Cyc-baby.
                              A waste of good lifters. Anyhoo, I'm after the key switches too, mate. Enough for three seperate reeks. I'll let you know if I find something first. Times ticking away...

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #130 on: Thursday, 11 August, 2011, 12:17:12 PM »

I need 1 but would like a spare.
When I return to work I will see if the eleco's can source somthing from a supplier thay my do what we want.but I have a few more weeks off with my arm problems
....Darren
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #131 on: Thursday, 11 August, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

Dweeby has an after market switch and the guy I bought the car from installed it and got it off his shelf at Active Electrical Supplies where he works so I'll try and track him and it down and see if I can get a model number for you.

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #132 on: Thursday, 11 August, 2011, 10:06:50 PM »

Right then,
                 I'll go directly to Toyota a see if I can trace a number for their electric window four runners. Probably won't be cheap but at least it'll be another option.

Simon

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #133 on: Thursday, 11 August, 2011, 11:38:06 PM »

could do with 3 or 4 switches myself

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #134 on: Saturday, 13 August, 2011, 01:07:05 PM »

I also had a stuck roof switch and it destroyed the worm drives. LINAK sold me a pair of motors, which includes the nylon worm and it cost about $250, I think. Just bolted them to the the jackscrew in place of the old ones and back in business.  I do recommend fitting a light that glows when the motors are powered, to let you know if a switch sticks again!

Ted
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: