The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 02:36:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eureka 4 Sale price ????  (Read 5804 times)
PLASTIC
« on: Tuesday, 16 June, 2009, 02:59:10 AM »

Hi all,
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread, but I put it here because it may lead to a sale, otherwise I'll put it on E-bay..
Can anyone tell me what a fair price to sell this car would be ?
I certainly don't want to rip anyone off (it will sell for a bargain basement price), but I don't want to be taken advantage of and laughed at when people find out how much I sold it for.
Being in the Military, I've lugged it around with me on every new posting (all over the country) for the past 21 years, hoping to start the build one day, and I just can't do that anymore...so it has to go.
"Special" features include:
No motor
No windshield
No side glass
Wheels and tyres need to be replaced (only good for rolling onto a trailer)
Working handbrake
No seats
No instruments
Bonnet has been stripped back to bare fibre glass (all other panels are the original yellow gel-coat)
All panels are present, and actually in pretty good condition.
Manufactured 1979
Last registered 1988 (ah, those were good days)
Has always been stored under cover, in a shed

I'll post some pictures that I just took, once I figure out how to do that.
PLASTIC
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 16 June, 2009, 03:08:19 AM »

So much to learn, I cant see how to edit my post, so I'll just tack this onto the thread instead.
The car is currently living with me in Townsville Queensland.
PLASTIC
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 16 June, 2009, 04:12:37 AM »

Here's some pictures (I hope), I still can't find the edit option.

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 16 June, 2009, 01:11:29 PM »

Hmmm good project.

You dont have an edit button, but as you have posted I will bump you up.
You should have it now

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 16 June, 2009, 01:27:14 PM »

Does it have any lights? The rear has been modified for a set of tail lights, do you have those with the car. What about the floorpan, how much rust does it have? looks to have a targa top, is it fitted with locks or will that need to be sorted out? Why has the bonnet been stripped back to fiberglass, and what's the 'health' of the fiberglass? Do you have the front undersill and headlight surrounds, they're not in any of the photos.

It's a Sport, which means there's less of them. So you have that going for you. It had been registered, do you have rego papers still? That will help in getting it back on the road. Does it have hydrolics fitted, because the depression for the t-handle has been filled in. If so it may be possible to resurrect the pump and get it working again, saving a few dollars. 

I'd say around $2,000 for it, as it will take a lot of work to get it on road.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

PLASTIC
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 17 June, 2009, 12:35:40 AM »

Thanks for the quick responses guys, it's good to see such an active forum.

Hmmm good project.

That's exactly what I thought, decades ago. It's a shame that life's taken me in a different direction than what I had planned all those years ago.
Thanks for the modify option Philinsa, much appreciated.

All good questions CyCo, let me try and answer them.
Does it have any lights?

Yes, it has the original headlights, as well as a pair of "pop up" lights from a Honda Prelude that were going to be fitted (complete working set).

The rear has been modified for a set of tail lights, do you have those with the car.

Yes, the tail lights that fit in the slots come with it.

What about the floorpan, how much rust does it have?

The floorpan is rusted badly, and will need some serious work.

looks to have a targa top, is it fitted with locks or will that need to be sorted out?

Yes, well spotted, it does have a removable roof section and it does have locks fitted to the rear of the roof and the front section slots and locks in via a molded "tongue and groove" type arrangement, but I never liked the look of the rear locks and was going to replace them with something more substantial (they are small brass spring loaded hooks)

Why has the bonnet been stripped back to fiberglass, and what's the 'health' of the fiberglass?

No good answer for that, I stripped it all the way back in my youthfull (read stupid) enthusiasm because the bonnet had deep cracks that extended all the way through the gel-coat. I don't have a good explanation as to why I thought stripping it back was a good idea. The exposed fibreglass on the bonnet looks to be in good condition, probably because this car has never been left out in the elements.

Do you have the front undersill and headlight surrounds, they're not in any of the photos.

Yes they all come with it, and are in good condition.

It's a Sport, which means there's less of them. So you have that going for you.

Yes, it is a Sport, I've seen a few Eurakas on the road, and as nice as they are, they don't look as sleek as the original lower design (although I'm sure they're far more practical).

It had been registered, do you have rego papers still?

Yes, I've got the old Rego papers.

Does it have hydrolics fitted, because the depression for the t-handle has been filled in. If so it may be possible to resurrect the pump and get it working again, saving a few dollars.

It never had hydraulics fitted, it had electric ram motors to run the top up, they come with it, but they may need to be re-wound, as they were never very strong or fast (they did work though).

I'd say around $2,000 for it, as it will take a lot of work to get it on road.

I agree, it'll take alot of patience, time, skill and money (I don't have any of those things, I'm running short on TLC).

Thanks for the price, that's what I really wanted to know.
I'll place it on E-bay soon, and see what happens.
Unless someone wants to save me the trouble and make me an offer now.

areone@netspace.net.au
Mobile: 0417160864
This is hard, I've obviously got a soft spot for this car, but it deserves better than what I can offer it.

Terry
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, 17 June, 2009, 08:16:12 AM »

It's always hard when someone asks for their car to be valued. For one, not actually seeing the car, only the photos, doesn't show you everything about the car in question.

While it needs quite a bit of work, I can't see anything from getting this girl back on the road. Windscreens are obtainable, though expensive. And it might take a while to get said windscreen, as they're now made OS and shipped in. So an order has to be made, and then they have to get enough orders to make a batch. So I see this as the single biggest hurdle for getting her on the road. I'm sure there's a subject on these forums about windscreens. They were going for around $800, but that was with an order of 10 to get the cost down (the more ordered, the lower the individual cost).

As long as the chassis itself is still strong, the rusted floorpans themselves can be replaced either in part or whole. Whilst this will require welding skills and possibly removing the body from the chassis, it's not insurmountable.

Seat are a bit difficult, as there are not a lot of after market seats that fit (mostly too tall, or too wide, or even the padding on the seat bottom too thick). Some say the Mazda MX5 and Miata seats fit. There was gossip that someone was going to make some moulds of their original fiberglass bucket seats, but I don't know any more than that.

You could probably get a little more than that, but no one other than an Eureka enthusiast (or a sadist. lol) will buy it at this level of completion.

Hopefully someone will buy it here, but if it does get sold through ebay, could you please direct them to this forum so we can hopefully get them to join.   Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: