The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 11:33:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Digger  (Read 30346 times)
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, 21 February, 2010, 11:46:08 PM »

Had a look on pg 126 this morning.
                                                          Yep, that's her Dave. Missed it the first time through. If you want a couple more pics, look on pg 3 of my website:

www.themetalsmith.com.au

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
cruetoone
« Reply #31 on: Monday, 22 February, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »

hey simon...
me too cause i hadn't seen it complete before...an wow cool website .. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #32 on: Monday, 22 February, 2010, 10:43:44 PM »

It's garbage at the moment, mate.
                                                        Far more to come. A young customer of mine is a website guru and is working on a complete makeover. He owes me plenty of favours so it's all good.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
cruetoone
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, 23 February, 2010, 09:54:23 AM »

bite your tongue it's a business card an you have increased your workload 10 fold multiplied by 1000 . Cool
makes a usefull link to... Wink
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, 25 April, 2010, 12:05:57 AM »

Weeeeeeeeell,
                The final chapter in this saga. Project Digger, in all it's glory, is featured on page 60 of the May edition of Street Machine. Not the front cover as was originally promised, but at this stage: who really cares? I'm still very proud of my work no matter where it is in a magazine. Looks pretty sick too!

Scott Taylor wrote the article as I predicted and he stuck to the hard facts and the exact timeline of the build, so he got it right. There's a paragraph on me and my work on the project so I'm happy. Toward the end of the article it  mentions the crowd at the Summernats unveiling loved the proportions of the roof chop. That's also great to hear because I spent days getting it right. The angle of the C pillar looks sick too.

Unfortunately, as mentioned earlier in this thread, all this fantastic advertising has absolutely no guarantee of customers in the door. It's been my hardest learnt business lesson to date. Having said that, I continue to make the same mistake by getting involved in other peoples passions and spending too many unpaid hours building their cars with the promise of prime advertising. I can't seem to help myself.

There'll be a highly competitive WRX scorching the Eastern Creek curcuit during the world invitational Time Attack/Superlap series in late May with my name all over it. There'll be one of my 'signature' cars on the front cover of the August edition of Hot Fours magazine, an Lexus IS 250 with rear suicide doors and airbags.

That edition will also include two articles I wrote. One an insight into how I do suicide doors (without any useable information) and the other an opening article on a major company project Skyline with four wheel tubs and another filthy set of bags, currently in my workshop waiting for sponsor dollars.

The customising must go on...

Simon

tmerivale
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, 25 April, 2010, 11:36:48 AM »

good on ya simon, keep your head up and keep on working hard with all your good work!
cruetoone
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, 28 April, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »

i have yet to read the articles but if your getting your name in magazines an on cars it sounds like the best way for you to be exposed in the car business to me .. as far as guarantee's go it's all what you make of it money does make a person sucessfull take no offence but at the price of friends is a hard one cause friends always expect the best at no cost  but if the bills are paid an food is on the table an you have a little left over to splurge on things you love then your the richest one could ever be.... Smiley
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, 23 September, 2010, 09:58:19 PM »

Weeeelll,
             I wrote the following in this thread back in Feb:

Benny said the cover story is in question because of the same reason: they don't need any further un-necessary advertising. If you think this is bad decision making, this is exactly typical of the Army. Bad decision after bad decision. In a combat scenario... well, you get the idea. This is one of the main reasons I left the Army. Lets just see what happens from here. Stay tuned, kids.

The inside info I'm getting from my mates serving OS backs up what your hearing in the media regarding lack of support/bad decision making by the command stucture over there.

Part of me still wants to be with my mates, but most of me knows exactly what the're going through. And just here is fine.

Simon

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #38 on: Monday, 08 November, 2010, 04:48:44 AM »

There'll be a highly competitive WRX scorching the Eastern Creek curcuit during the world invitational Time Attack/Superlap series in late May with my name all over it.

Here's the WRX I mentioned earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7SqxhuqJI0

It might've taken a bit longer to get up and running, but it was worth it. The metal mods I've done to this car are extensive and awesome. It has more HP, more aero and more suspension than it's closest rival. Check out my logo on the side skirts. Time Attack 2011 look out...

Simon

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #39 on: Monday, 08 November, 2010, 07:16:07 AM »

Man, what a BEAST!! 

Afro

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, 10 November, 2010, 03:56:12 AM »

nothing like seeing fact than fiction as opposed to what you read in the news latley..
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: