The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 01:36:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cars for sale  (Read 3359 times)
garyelt
« on: Friday, 08 May, 2009, 07:42:19 AM »

still got the reek in perth will get pics again as we lost them from msn.i won,t get my money back and so heres an idea--i give it to someone for a year-they do it up i pay for materials after a year they buy it or i take it back--what do ya think?
brendo_83
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 09 May, 2009, 12:11:41 AM »

Interesting concept, but I can see some big risks, as until the car is sold or not sold, both parties will have a financial interest in the car.

- What it the work the person does is not up to your standard?, what if they butcher the car, give up and give it back to you worse than when they started?
- What if the person wants to completeley overhaul the car doing an awesome job, but costing heaps in parts? who decides what the spending limits are.
- If you decide on a selling price after the work is done, the buyer has put in his own blood sweat and tears to increase the value of your car, which he will then have to pay you for.
- If you decide on a selling price before the work is done, the buyer essentially gets all the parts for free.

I've seen similar things between mates and even then it rarely works out well, the result is often a ruined friendship.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: