The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 01:46:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In the Melbourne Age  (Read 5107 times)
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« on: Sunday, 05 April, 2009, 10:51:06 AM »

One for sale in the Melbourne Age

[attachment deleted by admin]

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 05 April, 2009, 12:12:06 PM »

Mmmm... 5 speed hey?
That would have to be a Porsche box?

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 05 April, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »

Not necessarily.
                       There's about 5 to 7 modified VW 5 speed boxes out there. It'd be nice to know if this one's a Porsche 5 speed though. The owner has obviously pumped some cash into it.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 05 April, 2009, 10:58:20 PM »

I forgot about the modified VW boxes. Is it true their not very good?

Liam.

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 06 April, 2009, 02:03:40 AM »

That's correct, mate.
                              When I was in the Component Car Club in the mid '90's John Caudle had a magnificent Porsche Speedster replica that had a VW 5 speeder in it. The donk was mildly worked but John never had the opportunity to push it hard because his box let go regularly (read every 8 to 9 months).

At the time a 5 speed in anything VW was unreal, so I think he kept it to be different. I do know he wanted to put a 4 speed back in and be done with it.

Like I said, lets hope this new reek has a good box in it, like a Porsche or a Hewland. And a filthy high HP donk. Drooooool...

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 09 April, 2009, 01:39:17 AM »

Morrie, the owner of this Reek contacted me yesterday to let me know it is going schwimmingly now!

It has a newly rebuilt 12A rotary in it, rebuilt by Select Maz (the guys who built Dragan's rotary) and has a 2 year warranty on it.

It is a metallic maroon F4 with the big aluminium Collen Long wing on it, hydraulic roof and it has a really trendy but very '80's black interior.  When Greg and I went for a squiz back in August 07 it looked a bit tired and in need of some TLC but he has owned it forever and kept it garaged and registered all this time so it has history.  We couldn't find a fifth gear with it sitting in the garage but he reckoned it was a 5 speed.  He said last night that the kind of driving he has been doing in it lately means it never gets out of third but he is going to get it out on the freeway this weekend and go for the fifth gear.  He has driven it so little over the last umpteen dozen years he can't 100% remember whether it has 5 gears or not.  It's definitely a VW gearbox though, not Porsche.

It is a sound car although a bit on the expensive side but the owner is open to all serious offers.

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: