The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 09:40:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a few question's  (Read 9653 times)
cruetoone
« on: Friday, 30 January, 2009, 08:25:16 AM »

G'day all...

Can anybody answer me this Huh?

i'm just curious how do you right click protect a photo so people can only look at a photo and not copy the photo for personal use from the web..

cruetoone
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 30 January, 2009, 08:28:16 AM »

oh an minimise a photo to save disk space  an usage space on the web...

all help is appreciated in advance
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #2 on: Friday, 30 January, 2009, 08:49:50 AM »

G'day Dave

You need to have a Photo Editing program (ArcSoft Photo Studio for example), on your computer to reduce pics "Before" posting. A quick way to find out what you have is to right click on a Pic, & scroll down to "Open with", (another box will open with a list of programs), left click on "photo editing software"

If you have the pic visable in the said program, go to "edit", then "Image Size" & change the DPI, (dots per inch) or Scale (type in the box, say 50% or 20%) and "Save As" ......

Hope that helps.

As for security on a pic, I'm not sure on that aspect, so if someone could give us a clue that would be good.

Regards

Philinsa

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
cruetoone
« Reply #3 on: Friday, 30 January, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »

cheer's phil

I got arc soft i'll give it a go ...  Smiley Smiley

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 05 February, 2009, 02:44:04 PM »

You can reduce images using an online editor as well. Just do a search for "image photo resizing" on Google and you should find a few online utilities that will help out.

As for protecting your images online, one way is to have a watermark over the photo in question. Like alot of the photos on the old Nova International site to mention just one example. Mainly because unless someone goes to the pain of editing that out, it will remain part of the image/photo no matter who copies it and where they put it. Most decent image editing programs can put a watermark onto a image.

To right click protect an image, you have to upload your image to a image host that has a function to right click protect your image. I don't think PhotoBucket has this feature, but then I could be wrong. There are more then a few that do have this function, Auctiva.com is one I've seen people use on eBay. There are others. I don't know if they charge for that or not. You'd have to look into it further.

Lastly, there are ways around 'right click protection', especially if you use Firefox. Have the right addon, and you don't need to right click.   Wink 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, 07 February, 2009, 04:42:49 AM »

very helpful ,,, that an trying to mask out numberplates is a long an painfull task ahead ..

cheer's smokey on fire one. Cool
cruetoone
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 21 February, 2009, 10:21:49 AM »

What happens to your post when its viewed over 300 times it;s disappeared  Sad
its an x file now  Huh?
cruetoone
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, 26 March, 2009, 05:55:17 AM »

i'm enquisitive to how to put a photo in your signature profile....
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, 26 March, 2009, 11:50:43 AM »

Go to your profile and in the Summary section (should be the first page you see), at the bottom is a section titles 'Signature". This is the section you want.

Next you need to know the location of the picture you want to use as your sig pic. I'd suggest saving any picture you want to use to your own Photobucket account. When that's done, you want to copy the location of the photo, using PhotoBucket you want to copy the HTML link of the picture.

Then simply paste that link into the Signature section of your profile.

Afro

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, 26 March, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »

cyco....

is it possible to take it straight from your picture's on your computer....or does it have to come off the web ??
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, 26 March, 2009, 03:07:45 PM »

From the web. It could be one you upload, or one from elsewhere on the net. It won't work from your computer.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #11 on: Monday, 30 March, 2009, 07:38:55 AM »

thanx for the info guys ....
cruetoone
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, 18 April, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »

i am unable to put a reply in the live chat topic started by vonjke .....i am curious to know the answer!!!

oh i was dead tired to attend last nights chat hope it was a hoot. Cool Cool Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: