The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 20 April, 2024, 11:55:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road Tripping.  (Read 25776 times)
WYKED1
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, 19 April, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »

So Richard
are you coming over to S.A. for our May outing we have a room for you its not padded but it will keep you safe from the outside world
james Shocked
CyCo

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, 21 April, 2009, 02:08:49 PM »

Hell, that's arrived quick. If someone can put me up for a couple days, I can get down there. Better go get some plane tickets!!

lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WYKED1
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, 21 April, 2009, 10:42:56 PM »

Let me know when sunshine
CyCo

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, 22 April, 2009, 02:40:59 AM »

I'm thinking of coming down a day or two earlier. I'm waiting to hear back from the girl I met back in '06. I'll let you know as soon as I know.  Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, 22 April, 2009, 09:49:33 AM »

Forgot to add earlier, I didn't go for that drive yet. Was going to do it today, but then I had a call late yesterday arvo from the real estate about my inspection. It was meant to be done in Feb, but it didn't suit my roster. I called back to rearrange it, and they only got back to me yesterday. Late next week wasn't good for them, so I made it today to get it out of the way.

Will have to go check it out next week.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, 22 April, 2009, 12:57:35 PM »

hey Cyco...

will a wine'o remember you after 3 years or what sort of impression did you make.... Tongue
CyCo

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, 22 April, 2009, 01:17:53 PM »

You're not jealous are you Dave? lol   Tongue

Not the wino, the blues singer I met on the day everyone left to go home. I stayed for a couple days longer. And I'm still in contact with the blues singer. If she'll just answer her email and phone.  lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, 22 April, 2009, 02:21:32 PM »

yes because a blues singer has never wrote a song about me leaving ..... Cry Cry Cry
CyCo

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, 23 April, 2009, 07:35:38 AM »

Well, she never wrote a song about me leaving either.  lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, 23 April, 2009, 09:46:57 AM »

that you know of.... Grin
CyCo

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, 23 April, 2009, 10:18:34 AM »

Well, that's true. 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, 26 April, 2009, 06:11:27 AM »

so what's her name does she do music festivals...Huh?? Tongue
CyCo

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, 26 April, 2009, 09:45:46 AM »

Kylena Vargus (I think that's how she spells her last name). I don't know about music festivals, but I do know she performs in blues clubs.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, 02 May, 2009, 09:33:28 AM »

Well, I finally took the drive out to St Albans today. It turned out to be a very nice day for a drive, with blue sky and some fluffy white clouds, not to hot or cold.  Smiley

I stopped a couple of time to check out the scenery and had lunch at the St Albans Pub. Steak sandwich and ships with a schooner of Old set me back just over $21 and wasn't a bad nosh.

The round trip from my place back to Gosford was just over 191 km, and roughly 4 hours. The road is good, better than most of Central Coast in places and even sections of the Pacific Highway (though both clames aren't that hard to prove...). There are two section of dirt road, about 10 klm before St Albans and 35 klm after St Albans heading up to Bucketty. Not a very dusty dirt road for most of it, and firmly packed and solid for most of it as well. There's a roughish section between St Albans & Bucketty, but I feel that the 'reeks should cope. Most of the dirt sections I took at 50 - 60 kph in the Camry, even faster in some sections.  Shocked

Apparently they had quite a large group of bikes up that way in the last week or so, I'm told a couple hundred, and saw a couple at the pub today having lunch, as well as maybe a dozen as I headed into the area from Mangrove Mountain. Always a good sign when looking for a good ride to drive. 

I had a few... issues with the GPS. To be expected when going bush, I know, but even allowing for that. Then again, I only plugged in the general area, say, St Albans, rather than giving it a proper address, so that could be part of it. Still, I had to tell it to go via Spencer to avoid going via Blacktown(!!), and Mogo Creek to Bucketty, or it would have then sent me back to Gosford to go to Bucketty only to go back to Gosford for my final destination.   :Smiley  lol

There are a couple of concrete dips in the first section of the sealed road, but I don't see them being a problem if taken cautiously, at speed some 'reeks may bottom out.

Should mention, this doesn't involve the Wisemans Ferry crossing. I've crossed this only a year or two ago during work, and the long nose on the 'reeks won't handle the ramps on the ferry. So this is totally from the 'Gosford' side of the river.

So there is is. What do you scurvy lot think? Worth a drive? I don't have the 'reek back yet, but I can always ride shotgun if I don't get it back before then.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: