The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 01:31:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The British Reek is ROAD LEGAL  (Read 23056 times)
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #30 on: Monday, 11 May, 2009, 10:39:44 PM »

I may be half way around the world but I can still hear you typing about me  Grin

It was a top weekend. Got me a few rare bits for the two Reeks.

But this discussion is about the V6 UK Reek. Thanks Bushboy for the drive. All I can say is WOW.
Boy does she GO. Bushboy let me have a drive. It was a lovely road, but it went so fast you could not see the scenery. It was just a blurrrrr.
All the power you could ever want was right there at any time, no waiting. If a Reek had doors, this one would have blown them off long ago.
Got a good bit of film with bushboy driving. I will have it for the Nat meet, although I might get it up on UTube when I get back for all to see.
Lost ofpics from the Stoneleigh Show, lots of weired & wonderful cars & things & lots of brochures as well.
Ah well it's off to the Lake District on Monday morning, (someone's got to do it).

Regards
philinuk

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, 12 May, 2009, 06:39:33 AM »

You might be able to hear us typing, but that's some time lag, 5 days!!  lol

Sounds like you've been having too much fun over there. I hear that's illegal in Pommyland.   Tongue

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, 21 February, 2010, 01:31:01 PM »

Just thought I'd refresh this topic and put the link in here to the video I took at the time.
It's also on the youtube catagorie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vuapjTkK4c Shocked

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
cruetoone
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, 21 February, 2010, 02:04:51 PM »

wow talk about grunt in that motor an the open roof what a rush you must feel driving as well as the passenger... Afro
bushboy
Forum Member only

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, 21 February, 2010, 10:33:45 PM »

Cruetoone,
The noise is sweet, Im a bit biased though.  The best bit from the drivers seat in the summer when the tops are off is the induction noise.  I have a cold air feed direct from the right hand elephant ear into the air box.  The Mazda V6 also has a variable length intake manifold.  So as the engine goes through the rev range the induction noise changes.  And because the elephant ear is right beside your ear you hear it all.  The best is 2nd gear, 60kph, floor the acellerator and keep it there till it bounces around on the rev limiter.

I'll have to try to recodr it this year.

bushboy
cruetoone
« Reply #35 on: Monday, 22 February, 2010, 09:19:50 AM »

an a sweet grunt it is ... Embarrassed Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: