The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 09:07:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The British Reek is ROAD LEGAL  (Read 23043 times)
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, 12 April, 2009, 02:11:37 AM »

Will be better when he gets rid of the type 4 bumper, which he does intend to do later on. It's just there for getting it on the road.

Good work Martin.

Cool

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #16 on: Monday, 13 April, 2009, 09:57:45 AM »

he shouldn't it looks cool....  Afro
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, 14 April, 2009, 07:24:00 AM »

Err, lets just say you're a unique individual Dave.

Tongue Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, 14 April, 2009, 09:15:40 AM »

i will accept it as a sarcastic compliment thanx.... cause that's me you sum it well  Cool
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, 14 April, 2009, 12:15:12 PM »

I see it was recieved as it was delivered.   lol

Tongue Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, 16 April, 2009, 11:45:24 AM »

ya hit the nail on the head... Tongue
jacko
Forum Member only

« Reply #21 on: Friday, 17 April, 2009, 04:54:32 AM »

hey man  that issuch a cool looking machine
   awsome stuff,,
gosgirl
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, 30 April, 2009, 04:29:49 AM »

I had heard abut it about 6 years ago. And I know I'm not the only one who knows about the brit reek.

Forum Member only

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, 30 April, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »

Hey Guys 'n' gals,

Thanks for all the comments.  I only half like the MkIV bumper.  I have acouple of ideas of what to do with the rear.
1. Finish modding the original Eureka rear to take frenched in round LED lights
2. Mod the MkIV by removing about 150mm from the middle & then blending it into the under lying valance.  But that can wait till winter.  For now I intend to drive it till I drop.

THe exhaust tips were given to me by a friend. I actually have twin hexagonal pipes that I need to have chromed.  Nothing like them off the shelf, and thas what I like.

This W/E is the Stoneleigh Kit car show.  Nothing like the street national back in Oz, no show and shine or burn out comps, just a paddock full of owners kit cars & pavilions full of manufaturers and component suppliers.  Over night entertainment, but the Nova club has develped a reputation for partying well into the morning.  Philfromsa will be there so I'm sure he will have a yarn or two to spin when he gets back down under.  I'll be flying the Eureka flag and will take lots of pics and a few vids for you all.

Catch ya later

bushboy
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #24 on: Friday, 01 May, 2009, 03:25:57 AM »

My suggestion is to keep the 'reek rear with the frenched lights.

Phil will have to have a video and photos for us when he turns up for the Annual Meet......    Wink Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, 02 May, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »

Hey Bushboy, been off the forum for a bit, car trouble and other stuff.......back now.........just had my exhaust renewed before the (incident !!), don't know if you checked it out on youtube.....   Your car looks great, some nice mods.....   Maybe you can post your exhaust sound on youtube too.....??  Would love to hear it.

Catching up on all the forum stuff as we speak..........let me know if there's anything I need to know guys and girls..........best wishes to all.......

Roll on October.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw5OPBUo_UE

Go the FReeks........................

S t R e e k   .  .      . 

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
bushboy
Forum Member only

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, 02 May, 2009, 06:54:34 PM »

Streek,

Here is a link to my photo bucket video of the V6 firing up for the first time.  No body shell and the exhaust is much as it is now. 

It sounds much better on the road and I have the driverside elephant ear connected directly to the air box, full throttle sounds a delight, and when you shut it down there is a nice hissing sound as the last of the vacuum is filled.

I should have some on road footage soon as the UK's big show is this week end.  I will eventually get it on youtube.

Bushboy
MicksRedNova
Forum Member only

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, 06 May, 2009, 09:43:26 PM »

Hi All

A representative of your Club (PhilinSA) attended the Club Nova meeting at Stoneleigh in UK over the May bank holiday weekend. Phil passed on the good wishes of James, your president, at the end of our AGM on Sunday, and as our furthest travelled member (yes we convinced him to join, if only for the food) he won the annual prize in the 'Furthest Distance Travelled to a Show' category. Here is a picture of him and Bushboy showing their awards. Bushboy won the Technical Modification award for getting the Reek and it's Ford V6 on the road and driving to the show.

Thanks for the Eureka Club goodies that Phil presented me with. I have taken over as the Club Nova Chairman and look forward to our combined efforts to keep these beautiful cars, wherever in the world they are, on the road. When I next come to visit my sister in Sydney I will make sure I get in touch.

Thanks

Mick

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, 07 May, 2009, 10:15:24 AM »

top stuff.
you would think phil would have lashed out and got himself a new ECCA cap for the trip.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, 07 May, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »

lol

Tongue

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: