The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 06:33:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turbo Rotary Targa F4 (VIC) *****Still for sale.....NOW 13k******  (Read 8737 times)
brendo_83
Forum Member only

« on: Wednesday, 01 April, 2009, 02:57:22 AM »

Well, I didn't think I would be saying this again, but I'm buying my first home and I really need to raise some funds for a deposit, with this in mind I have to give some serious thought to selling the eureka.

The Details:

- Mazda turbo rotary
   - 12at
   - Highflowed S5 turbo
   - Tall port center plate
   - Injection Perfection Manifold & Throttle body with 2x800cc Primary injectors, and 2x1000cc Secondary Injectors
   - S4/5 topmount intercooler
   - Microtech LTX-8 Fuel/Ignition EFI with hand controller
Currently making 132rwhp on only 3-4psi due to a faulty wastegate actuator, Maztech have estimated around 250+rwhp on 12-14psi once the actuator is fixed  

- 60L alloy fuel cell
- Alloy surge tank mounted in bonnet area
- Brand new carter lift pump
- Brand new Linak electric lifters
- Grey Leather Interior
- VDO instrumentation
- Brand new windscreen
- Custom porsche brake setup including
   - Early 911 twin piston calipers fully re-coed & brand new pads
   - Brand new beetle blank discs drilled and studded to porsce 5 stud from veeforce racing, then slotted and cryo treated
   - 944 rear hubs, brand new vented discs & fully re-coed calipers
   - Brand new beetle master cylinder bored with oversized piston
   - Flexible lines replaced with custom braided stainless steel lines.
- Simmons 3 piece rims 8inch front 10inch rears, new sumitomo tyres fitted 225 front 295 rear
- Hi torque started motor
- Swing axle gearbox with super diff
- Koni Coil-over rear suspension.
- Targa roof, needs some minor repairs.
- Full side and rear glass.
- Elephant ears
- Rear wing

Major Negatives
- Paint is average, will require respray.
- Gearbox is basically stock apart from the super diff, this is really not a bad point - but it would need to be strengthened to handle the full potential of the turbo rotary.  
- Heater/Demister setup not installed (I removed it with the intention of replacing it with an electic setup.)
- Fuel gauge not matched to sender, can be solved be replacing either.
- Speedo requires calibration
- Tacho not working.
- Key broken inside lock barrel, now starts with screw driver, needs locksmith to extract and cut new key.

The car runs and drives but is not currently registered, it was last registered in NSW back in 1995, I have rego details.

So far it owes me around 25k, I'm not really expecting to see that back but I'll be looking for offers around the 20k mark.

I can be contacted here or by email at disco_stu91@hotmail.com

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 01 April, 2009, 03:35:16 AM »

I understand you have to do what you have to do, but these days the Gov'ment is practically throwing money at first home buyers, and I understand it's just gone up again.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 01 April, 2009, 08:01:13 AM »

if i only i had the dollar's to buy .....
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 01 April, 2009, 10:32:50 PM »

Oooo.
         Such a shame mate. I've had a real good look at that car and it's got so much potential. Those are Neale wheels too, by the way. I guess our pact is off then?

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
cruetoone
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 02 April, 2009, 01:31:41 AM »

im not aware of a pact so i must be out of the loop.... Lips Sealed
brendo_83
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 02 April, 2009, 05:22:56 AM »

Simon and I had made a deal at the Ballarat meet to get our cars ready for Canberra, we both had to postpone to Mildura though.

You never know though, I won't be be giving it away, so if I'm not offered the right price it will stay in the shed.

Unfortunately with current career and living arrangements I no longer have the time or facilities to work on it myself nor the money to pay someone else to finish it.

At this point I'm not advertising it anywhere other than here, so we'll see what happens.
cruetoone
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, 02 April, 2009, 05:37:43 AM »

nor did i it sold by way of the msn forum site...
brendo_83
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, 05 August, 2009, 04:53:28 AM »

Okay, I had been hoping not to have to sell, but although we secured 100% finance with two lenders, we have so far missed out on 2 fantastic houses because we dont have the full 10% cash deposit. It just doesn't make sense to have a 90% complete car sitting there which I can't afford to finish while we miss out on house after house.

So the car is definately for sale now, I'll be putting an an on car sales sometime in the next couple of weeks.
Still hoping for around the 20k mark, but willing to entertain any reasonable offers.

Oh and a small clarification, Simon is correct in saying the wheels in the photo are Neals wheels, however I had to change them when I installed the porsche brakes, I think the Simmons look much better anyway. I still have the Neals wheels and the standard brakes though.

innovator
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, 05 August, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »

WOW makes mine look cheap at $5000 with 12A ROTARY spend $15000 on mine n what a car Huh??? Shocked
brendo_83
Forum Member only

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, 15 April, 2010, 02:36:19 AM »

I had removed the car from sale after we got our house.
However it has sat for almost two years now, and my time, money and motivation are focused on other things so it's up for sale again.
The price will be set at 15k, this is really a pittance compared to what I have spent on it, so if I can't get more than that it will remain in the shed.
I can be contacted on 0407 180 908 or by PM here.
brendo_83
Forum Member only

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, 13 October, 2011, 07:21:15 AM »

Hi All,

This one is still for sale, It went up on carsales a while ago and has had some interest, but no serious buyers.

I've been incredibly slow moving with advertising as I'm fairly reluctant to part with it for so little, but the more time goes by the more I know it will never be finished under my care, so the reality is that it must go.

With that in mind, I'm dropping the price again, I'm now asking a mere 13k, Thats half what it's cost me, and barely more than I payed for it in the first place. In fact its less than what the engine/brake setups cost, so whoever buys it will end up with an absolute bargain.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, 25 October, 2011, 03:37:41 AM »

Now listed on eBay.

Good luck.

Smiley

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: