The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 21 April, 2024, 02:24:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Purvis Eureka S4  (Read 7776 times)
CyCo
CLUB Member

« on: Saturday, 28 March, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »

Ok, how many people saw this on the old forums? I was just looking through them for something, and found this piece of gold.

I've jokingly called mine an S4 numerous times... Maybe it is one??

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WYKED1
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 29 March, 2009, 02:28:57 AM »

Come on Cyco. Afro
Your drinking the Wine again.  Grin
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 29 March, 2009, 04:04:20 AM »

Paul showed us that at the last meet Cyc-baby.
                                                                  You are chugging the wine... 

Simon

Hang on, if S stands for Subaru, does that mean I've got an N4?  Mary and Dragan have an M2? I wonder what Allan was thinking?

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 29 March, 2009, 05:09:13 AM »

Wouldn't that be  M2?

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 29 March, 2009, 05:35:35 AM »

Ok, maybe I was drinking the wine (which is strange, I don't like wine, I'd rather have vinegar), but I really don't remember seeing that before.

Alan Purvis called the F4 that because he put in a Ford 4 cylinder, right? At least that's what I always understood. So if he did start putting in Scooby boxer motors in them, why not follow suit and call them S4s?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 29 March, 2009, 06:43:27 AM »

OOps!
         Must've chugged a bottle myself! Yes, you both are correct. I meant N4 and M2. You know what I meant!

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
cruetoone
« Reply #6 on: Monday, 30 March, 2009, 07:37:35 AM »

im just glad the eureka doesn't have a colour  that would just cause more problems ..... Tongue
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Monday, 30 March, 2009, 12:21:16 PM »

Now that could really confuse things further. Was that Allan's or Colleen's Advert? Colleen really loved subi engines.
We could have N4's, F4's, M2's, S4's, H4's, and most likley a "something"6 out there. What about the dak dak's? what are they to be refered to as? VW4"s?
Where's the wine? No wonder Reek owners are driven to drink! Huh?

The way i see it, it stops being a PL30 when it gets a flat rear deck, and then it becomes an F4 and an F4 it is! reguardless of what is pushing it.

Liam

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
Iama Ardfark
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #8 on: Monday, 30 March, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »

I guessing a little, but I think that this is from the guys that took over from Colleen and then she re-possessed. They also did the display car with the lift up rear. The giveaway is the company name. They had some excellent ideas..a pity it wasn't to be....
Alloy chassis, mid mounted motors....we've all had these discussions

Phil

Wadya mean I CAN'T work on the Reek today ??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: