The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 28 April, 2024, 08:00:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Meet 2009 Mildura 23rd,24th & 25th October  (Read 60302 times)
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #45 on: Friday, 23 October, 2009, 12:32:50 PM »

Well, the bags are packed, the Reeks are packed and polished and we are ready to hit the road in the morning.

Here's hoping for a pleasant drive together to Mildura.   We'll be at Blanchtown by about 10.00 am to meet some of the other SA travellers then hope to see all those that are attending there a little after lunch all going well.....cross your fingers for us......   Smiley

Bye for now.......

StReek and DODGY

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
cruetoone
« Reply #46 on: Friday, 23 October, 2009, 01:36:53 PM »

it would of been good to put names to faces  ...i wont be there in body but im there in spirit.. Grin reek on you two..
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, 24 October, 2009, 04:07:01 PM »

Well here it is, early Saturday morning at the National Meet.
It's been a long day for many.

James, you've done a bloody good job. And it's only Saturday morning.
Thanks should also go to your team of helpers and I'm sure it will.

Some great surprises already this weekend, (and it's only just begun).

OK, 19 REEKS so far.

Pics will be floating the airwaves soon.

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
cruetoone
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, 25 October, 2009, 04:33:25 AM »

Gazooks...

that info you put in the general discussion Dean about standing out from the white noise an squeaking the wheel ....

this wouldv'e been my moment to shine i could have got you that photo if i would of had my business radar turned on i knew i should of went down for the day took a tonne of photo's ....

lets just say the wheel would be squeaking no more... Cool
cruetoone
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, 25 October, 2009, 04:39:03 AM »

oh an who won the best car award hope it's all going well down there... the place must be going mental 19 reeks ... what a cool photo op  Afro
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, 28 October, 2009, 05:23:16 AM »

Just a quick note to say that we both had an amazing weekend at the National Meet in MILDURA.  We can't thank you all enough for helping out with Dodgy's reek when it wouldn't go.  You all know who you are and we are eternally grateful to all of you.

We got home safe and well and Dodgy ran like a swiss watch all the way.  StReek had a little issue but still made it home no worries.

Special thanks to Ian and Virginia for having our back all the way home (just in case).  It was very generous and considerate of you and will not be forgotten.

To all those that were there, thanks for making it such a memorable experience and a fabulous weekend.

I have much more to say about the weekend but it will no doubt be further discussed on the forum so will save it for then.
  TTFN.  Reek on all.

S t R e e k   .  .      . 

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, 28 October, 2009, 09:08:24 AM »

CyCo reporting in.

Got home about 30 minutes ago. Just unpacked the car and loaded up the washing machine, and will commence downloading the photos from the camera in a few minutes.

Apart from...er,...running out of go juice 15 minutes south of Goulburn (need to get odometre/fuel gauge sorted...), the run home was hassle free. Hassle free aside from being chilled all the way home. That will happen when it's overcast and cool after a b double blew the passenger window off!! 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, 28 October, 2009, 09:17:04 AM »

On ya Cyco

Good to hear all's well
Seems everyone got back ok

Top weekend

Just arrived home myself an hour ago.
Off loaded the bus at the trailer hire joint and drove the Stockade Reek home from there.
Just a minor problem with the brakes heating up, but I think I know what to do.
Not too bad for its first real hard run out.
Lots of tweeks to be done over the next few months and getting the blank one on the road again

Looking forward to those pics.

It will be a few weeks before I can up date the Website with the new committee details.
Got to crash this computer.

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
WYKED1
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, 28 October, 2009, 09:59:03 AM »

It sounds like most of us are home from the meet keep driving shonky
just to inform the members for their info
the committee is as follows
I have regained the job as President and for that I would like to extend a very sincere thanks
we continue with
Simon as Vice President
Paul as Secretary
Shaun as Treasurer
starting with ladies
Mary as Merchandise
Philip as Webmaster
Darren has also returned
so nothing has changed with that line up
but we have 2 new faces on the committee
we welcome Mr. Paul Tonkin
and we have a VIP member joining us in Mr. Allan Purvis  Cool
Also, Richard "CYCO" is now the NSW Representative/Co-ordinator, a big welcome to you too.
I hope you all make these people welcome to the greatest car club I have ever belonged to.
I will start another thread in regard to Mildura events that took place and who did what with who etc

james
WYKED1
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, 28 October, 2009, 10:14:06 AM »

Trophies Presentations

First let me say the Mildura people and the council invited us to display our Purvis Eurekas in the main mall of Mildura on Saturday morning this we arranged and showed up and were ushered into the Mall like superstars while we were their they provided hot food, drinks, cakes and all sorts of stuff that the council had paid the shop keepers to prepare for us it was like being Kings and Queens for a day.
Whilst we were there Crystal Trophies were made for the following catergories
1  Greatest distance travelled won by Shaun from Queensland well done and truly deserved
2  Best presented vehicle won by Trevor from South Australia this car looks like it was built yesterday
3  People's choice award and this was given to our very special guest Mr. Allan Purvis this brought the great man to a teary reaction from those who seen it.
sorry I am being summoned for tea  so will get some more info up later
james
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, 28 October, 2009, 10:31:48 AM »

I'm allso home safley.
Had a great time and thanks to everyone who attended you all made the club meet a real hoot.
Can't wait till next time,just hope shonko and myself can put together 1/2 the meet king James,Trevor and partners did this year.
....THE STIG Cool
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, 28 October, 2009, 11:33:52 AM »

I'll elaborate on this one too.
                                               James had organised a couple of laps to smash our reeks around the popular Kart track on the Sat arvo. We had a go at it and got invited back on the Sun arvo to have a bash in their hotted up 30 HP karts that have 100 kph + cababilities.

Needless to say, we all had a good go but embarrassed ourselves with our average lap times. A couple of the Kart club members showed us how to do it toward the end when the last white-helmeted chrome-visored driver absolutely blitzed it around their track. We were all saying "cool!" when the kart dudes said: "It's not one of us!" WTF? ECCA members looked at each other trying to figure out who was missing from our bunch.

Our Karting host leaned toward his mate and said "Get a lap time on this bloke!" and shortly after, after smashing a lot of the clubs' best times, the driver who, for all the attending crowd reminded us of the 'Stig' from the TV show Top Gear, pulled up and took off his helmet.

That's why Darren's ( Redreek) new club nickname is 'the Stig'. You utter, utter legend mate.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
WYKED1
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, 28 October, 2009, 02:25:39 PM »

I'm back now dinner is finished
as you all can see Mr. Allan Purvis was the guest of honour at this years national meet
Allan was very humble and he never once refused to talk to anyone or give his advice or thoughts all in a constructive manner he is a true gentleman in every sense of the word.
when Allan returned home he sms me this message

James mate sorry this late slept in quick note of thanks to yourself and all of our new friends and for your friendship
Kayla, Tara, Shane and I had a weekend that will never be forgotten
sharing a weekend with people like you with my family was sensational
we look forward to catching up soon
TA girls and guys till then keep your PECCAs up !!!
Allan and family
I then asked him was it ok to put it on this site his reply came back in seconds
Abso bloody luttly

If nothing else happened on this weekend having Allan Purvis send this message to our club and all its members will be forever the highlight of my own weekend
I feel very proud to have met this man and to have him want to be part of this great club

James McLean
President
Eureka Car Club of Australia
WYKED1
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, 29 October, 2009, 09:09:26 AM »

National Meet Shirts

I have been approached by several members on the meet to see if they could order another shirt
well the good news is yes at $35 each plus postage to your address
so far I have
Stud.       1   xl
Redreek    1   lge
B1           2   xxxl
Jack         1   med
is their anyone else who came to the meet who would like another shirt please put your name and size on here

james
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, 29 October, 2009, 09:33:27 AM »

james that was a large for me not med..
...Darren
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: