The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 21 April, 2024, 12:45:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mainline Drive-in special screening of 'Love the Beast'  (Read 16808 times)
dodgy
« on: Monday, 23 March, 2009, 01:05:05 AM »

Run by the 'Modified Car Forum' SA division.
special screening of Eric Banas new movie 'Love the Beast'
this Sat night gates open at 7pm $15 per car
All car clubs welcome

dodgy
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Monday, 23 March, 2009, 10:42:47 AM »

Ohh man, that would be so awesome.    Sad

Don't know about the visibility of the big screen in a 'reek though.

[edit] Just checked, Heddon Greta were showing it this weekend.   Sad

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #2 on: Monday, 23 March, 2009, 12:11:40 PM »

Are you talking about the 28th Mar for this one?

I could do that.

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
dodgy
« Reply #3 on: Monday, 23 March, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »

Yep, 28th March, the night before the volksie show, I thought it would be a fun night but Im trying to find a place to crash at the night so I dont have to go home thru the hills and back again the next morning. (dont want to tempt fate) Grin
dodgy
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #4 on: Friday, 27 March, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »

So which way are you arriving. Should we meet at the Old Spot?

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
dodgy
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, 28 March, 2009, 10:16:56 AM »

BB we have a time change...
Gates open at 6pm to let the bulk of us in. They are expecting in excess of 400 cars so do you want to meet at the old spot earlier, lets say 5:30 for 5:45
dodgy
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 28 March, 2009, 01:58:44 PM »

OK 5:30 it is.
At the Old Spot
Guess it will also give us some time to kick some tyres.

Will have to park behind a 4Wheel Drive so we can watch the movie between the ground & the chassis Grin

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, 29 March, 2009, 03:48:41 PM »

Well that was a top night out.
The movie was somewhat boring, (but that's my opinion).
There were a few hundred cars of all shapes n sizes and did we cause a stir when we drove in .....hell yeh.  Shocked
(ooops sorry... I'll have to ban myself again for that  Cry )
Got a few topical pics, but its late and we have another show tomorrow so will post a pic or two later, particularly the one of the Farrari driver taking a pic of our Reeks  Grin

I made it home with dodgy's assist this time, .......... bit of a switch ............ Iwill make it tomorrow with a push Grin

dodgy
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »

It sure was a top night out
I may weigh only 50kg but I can push start a eureka  thats parked on a spoon drain  Tongue
BB caused quite a stir on entry (showoff)  :Smiley
we found a good spot amoungst the rat rods, street machines, some classics and other kits but the paparazzi appeared out of no-where before we could turn the engines off.
huge buzz,  cant wait for the next one
hope to have my stereo by then (BB had to keep his roof up so I could hear the movie) Cool
  D O D G Y   . . .     . .    .   
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »

Here is an admierer. He was very nice and actually posed for this shot. We had a good chat & a laugh.

dodgy
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, 02:02:46 PM »

thats just fantastic BB Shocked
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, 02:18:28 PM »

Awesome, just awesome!!! I want that second photo to be on the front page of the ECCA site!! lol

Seriously, how did you guys find watching a movie from within the eureka, what was the view like??

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, 02:28:30 PM »

Well dodgy had to sit outside on a chair cause her radio didn't work.
There was not much room left in mine as I'd been out all day in it & had stuff everywhere.
Had a good radio so it was fine.
As for the view, I had the roof up all night and sat up in-between the two seats to get some hight and look through the raised canopy. I sat in the drivers seat and found the roof of the car way in front, was obscuring the screen slightly.

Apart from that, it was a HOOOT.
The reaction was amazing when we entered, especially when I lowered & raised the roof and dodgy's exhaust provided the music.

As dodgy inferrs, I got there with a push, (literally). My ignition was playing up and would not start.
Its been fine since for some reason. Must be getting jelouse of the Stockade Reek.

A good event. Something different.

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, 02:37:11 PM »

Certainly sounds like you guys had fun there at the movies. Had an even better reaction than normal? Must have been something to see.  lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: