The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 26 April, 2024, 05:11:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brisbane Courier mail w/end shopper 14-15 March 2009  (Read 33443 times)
tmerivale
« Reply #60 on: Monday, 19 July, 2010, 04:06:46 AM »

you can get the vw motor going with absolutely stupid power. if you look at penrose's builds he has just bought a motor from the states with a supposable 1,000+ hp. now yeah forced induction is necessary but imagine the ride in an aluminum shell that gets fired down the 1/4, geez he could run a full mile in the time that most reasonable, not over the top streeters would be doing the 1/4 at, and thats with only a measely 4 cylinder air cooled. check out the pauter site specifically this page-----> http://www.pauter.com/super_pro.htm

definitely not for the road and i agree with magooster, 200hp at the fly id imagine would be a bit hairy on the road in some spots. thats a 150kw at the fly so about 120kw at the wheels. in a 7-800kg car thats pretty quick. i know the vn v8s came out with 165kw at the fly with a healthy stocker these days running around the 15 mark but that is with an extra 500kg.
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #61 on: Monday, 19 July, 2010, 04:19:43 AM »

Some ones found my motor

More to come Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, 20 July, 2010, 06:44:16 PM »

yah
 Its a interesting site but a word of warning Ive spoken to them in the past
 and the only thing they make that is use able in a VW motor is Roller Rockers
 there Engine Case is a one Piece and there heads and every thing els is not compadible.
 there is some one els in the states making a Roller Cam kit but to me compeared to other
 brands they were to cheap $ and not enough known about them.
 I brought their Rockers 1.4.1 lift because they have won awards with them I also brought
the deep rocker covers (Scat)that screw on but due to the way the rocker arms bolt on to the head
I had to change them for the side clip on ones
If any one is thinking of going this way I sugest ordering at VW unlimited because I got my
rocker arms for $130.00 cheper than bying direct from Peuter wired but true.
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, 21 July, 2010, 03:39:32 AM »

Hi

Have spoken to them and am ordering heads for my type 4 from them to fit 108mm bores with stock type 4 bolt patten case (with a 5 stud added).
Was going to order the block and cyclinders but found that rego would present problems (will continue working getting this problem resolved)
Dont think the heads would fit a type 1 motor but i have never asked.
A lot of this type of companys will make a design to your requirments if you are willing to ask and go through the time and effort.

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
resin
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, 22 July, 2010, 10:01:25 AM »

You guys have kinda gone off topic here.

Parents brought this to my attention and how the pictures were all broken on the first page, but I see someone has corrected that with a link to the new gallery (father did not see that). I had a rather long chat with the guy back in the day, and basicly took pictures of everything that was wrong with the car. He tried to tell me a whole bunch of bollocks about the car (like the porshe running gear,) but it was all a load of shit.

The engine had nothing blocking the inlets to the throttlebody or turbo so odds are the engine is as rooted as the rest of the car. I told him I'd take it away for $3k, and he'd be very lucky to get $8k for it, but he couldn't drop below what he was asking back then, but he did want a quick sale because he was going to jail in a couple of weeks for speeding, or some other bullshit. Honestly if you're interested in the car take EVERYTHING the guy says (if it is still the same owner) as bullshit and come to your own conclusions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: