The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 11:06:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brisbane Courier mail w/end shopper 14-15 March 2009  (Read 32995 times)
jateureka
Forum Member only

« on: Monday, 16 March, 2009, 11:22:15 PM »

Saw this in the Courier Mail:

"PURVIS SPACE Eureka track kit car. Rare Collectible, rear mounted 2Lt turbo WRX engine, Z pattern tyres, indy dragway mags, metallic black, unfinished project. Vlaued at $30,000, will sell as is $15,000. Ph 0404962351."

I know nothing about the car or owner, just passing the info onto the group! Smiley
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 17 March, 2009, 02:47:51 AM »

Wow, sounds like a weapon!! I gather you didn't ring him?

Shonko, I believe your our contact man for QLD, can you get in contact with the current owner and let him know about ECCA and this site? And/or send him a ECCA contact card to pass onto the new owner when/if it sells?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 18 March, 2009, 07:46:53 AM »

i wonder if it's not jennys
resin
« Reply #3 on: Friday, 20 March, 2009, 10:03:47 AM »

Jenny's is red and non turbo
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 23 March, 2009, 12:52:16 AM »

I just realised how funny this is, considering that it was Jenny who posted about finding this in the newspaper.

Cheesy

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

resin
« Reply #5 on: Monday, 23 March, 2009, 05:35:03 AM »

I went and looked at it yesterday, took lots of pictures. Will post them later
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Monday, 23 March, 2009, 10:38:51 AM »

Ohh neat!! Looking forward to them.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, 24 March, 2009, 11:47:59 AM »

did'nt know it was jenny who posted it :Smiley
resin
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, 24 March, 2009, 02:29:39 PM »

So here it is. First of all, it is a eureka, a PL30 even

Its not exactly a track car. I was told that he's had it at Philip Island, back then it had all porsche running gear and engine, but the engine blew when he was doing 271km/hr (he knew exactly because the track people can tell) so he sold the blown engine, took the gearbox and brakes off and sold those too.

It does have an EJ20, but it is an RS liberty engine, not wrx (there are differences, I can elaborate if you like). It's not wired in, nor does it have pipes for the radiator, but it does have an exhaust which looks well done (apparently cost $2k) The rear was cut out like that so the engine would fit in  Huh?

A roll bar, of sorts.

The body etc:

that hole is there to feed the radiator (which isn't hooked up, nor bolted down, but was working with the porsche engine..)

more pictures are here: http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/resin555/
Old Sports
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, 24 March, 2009, 05:47:52 PM »

Wink     Thank you? Resin for youre photos and apprasial of this vehicle I guess S.A. dose not need another Eureka, yet. I did have a few supplemental ? about the shell condition stress fractures etc; but youre info is not on the Eureka contact list.
     Again good work mate, David.
resin
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, 25 March, 2009, 08:37:23 AM »

Oh, PS: the roof doesn't work either. One of the lifters is broken apparently, and he couldn't tell me if it was electric of hydraulic.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, 25 March, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »

Yeah, can tell the lifters don't work, the roof opens right forward, like mine before I had Simons roof, and that was stopped by parachute cord.

Looks like it would be a strong basis for a rebuild. Will need a total rewiring by the looks, new lifters, sort out the radiator set up, and those look like nice wheels. Floorpan looks like it's needs some TLC. Obviously something has to be done with that poor rear deck amongst other things.

Interior looks fairly good, obviously in need of a good tidy up. And it looks like they've covered over the actuator pocket, so can't wee what it's running for lifters.

One question comes to mind. Where's the battery located? It's not up front, and it's not in with the engine. Maybe behind the seats?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, 25 March, 2009, 12:11:10 PM »

Ho hum.
            Another complete hack job. Unbelievable. Not worth 15. I wonder when we'll come across another like, say, Stuart's for sale?

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
resin
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, 25 March, 2009, 01:08:35 PM »

Did I forget to mention that he contacted the people who make eurekas 2 years ago and they said they make them for $50k new? I tried to tell them that none have been made for 20 odd years but he stood by his claim
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, 25 March, 2009, 02:06:12 PM »

Did I forget to mention that he contacted the people who make eurekas 2 years ago and they said they make them for $50k new? I tried to tell them that none have been made for 20 odd years but he stood by his claim

Err, no you didn't mention that bit. Man, if that were so, we could sell our cars for a tidy profit!!  lol

I agree with Simon in that it's not worth the $15k, though to me I still think it would be a good basis for a rebuild.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: