The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 10:16:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: electric drive kits  (Read 10857 times)
Pegasus
Forum Member only

« on: Tuesday, 26 July, 2016, 07:05:27 AM »

Hi All,
Has anyone looked at electric drive kits? any information? I am getting a second flat windscreen version (Mako) and the engine is dead, so a project considering electric drive
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 26 July, 2016, 10:48:18 PM »

Hey Fred,

I was considering the same when I was doing my build (kinda wish I did).  Anyway Sterling Sports Cars made one:
http://www.sterlingsportscars.com/Electric_Sterling.html

Also there was a company in India that wanted to produce them:
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/09/supernova-ev-first-indian-electric-car/

Anyway it's something that's been done quite a few times (somewhere there was a video of a pretty quick sterling or Nova EV running the quarter).
You could alternatively look for EV kits made for beetles as a starting point (though many of them contain just low-hp motors).

Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
julietbaney
Forum Member only

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 02 January, 2019, 10:39:34 PM »

Has anyone looked at electric drive kits? any information? I am getting a second flat windscreen version (Mako) and the engine is dead, so a project considering electric drive
midmount
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 06 January, 2019, 12:42:23 PM »

Beetle EVs are common in the States.There are a few companies doing kits.
Landero
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 15 June, 2019, 10:36:58 AM »

Has anyone looked at these rangefinders for hunting and electric drive kits? any information? I am getting a second flat windscreen version (Mako) and the engine is dead, so a project considering electric drive

Do you think shipping them in from the States would be too expensive?
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, 22 June, 2019, 12:11:10 PM »

Most likely yes. As an example, I bought a aftermarket vw gearbag from the US and had it shipped to my place. It was a $600.00 USD gearbag, and landed at my place it cost just over $2,000.00 AUD. Mind, this was about 8 years ago, so figures and even customs has changed. Your mileage may vary.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

mullokintyre
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, 11 August, 2021, 07:20:37 AM »

There is company in Qld called Traction EV.com that produce a Teslas battery based elctric conversion kit for over 30k.
It uses an adapter plate to attach to the VW to the existing gear box. Does not have great range, about 150Kms. but has outstanding performance.
I am contemplating putting a kit in my beetle based car.
Mick
ShawnK

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, 19 August, 2023, 12:24:48 PM »

There is company in Qld called Traction EV.com that produce a Teslas battery based elctric conversion kit for over 30k.
It uses an adapter plate to attach to the VW to the existing gear box. Does not have great range, about 150Kms. but has outstanding performance.
I am contemplating putting a kit in my beetle based car.
Mick
30ะบ? That's a crazy price. It hasn't come down since 2021? And where exactly is the company located. Could you send me the contacts in PM?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: