The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 03:50:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eureka SS in Oz....For Sale!  (Read 10642 times)
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, 17 August, 2014, 11:22:35 PM »

I sent him an email a few weeks back when this thread was initially created.  I haven't received a response though (it might have gone to junk??).  I've just sent him another email so hopefully he'll get that one, otherwise someone please pass my details on to him.

Cheers,
Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
WYKED1
« Reply #16 on: Monday, 18 August, 2014, 01:48:57 AM »

Guys

Thanks Richard for putting this item up and perhaps you know more about it but if so please post as I have received some info regarding this car
Seems many people have tried to get info from Joe regarding purchasing this
From listening to people's stories they have asked for a price from him and got email ( Gmail ) responses only as has not supplied any other contact details and has been asked for a mobile number so people can speak to him and get some answers and still nothing.
Someone can correct me if they have spoken with him personally
From talking to someone his last response was to put your best offer in as he has had some offers already
So I don't know what is going on
All I can say normally when someone wants to sell a car they communicate with potential buyers
I don't think your idea of a carton of beer or a few hundred dollars is what he is considering
Very simple if you wanted to sell a car which he claims he is getting a lot of interest on he would just put it on ebay and get the best price as I don't think it's going to any dump.
Please and I hope this is for all concerned it is going to end up well for someone
But please make sure of before passing over any money

Regards
James
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #17 on: Monday, 18 August, 2014, 03:24:18 AM »

Hi All,

I received a response from Joe this morning and he has secured longer-term storage and decided that the best method of approach will be to list the car on ebay to try get the best price.  Yes I think you're right James, I don't think it's going to be carted to a tip any time soon.

Hopefully whoever wins the bidding will bring the car back to life.

Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #18 on: Monday, 18 August, 2014, 10:07:11 AM »

Well, at least it's not going to the tip. If anyone finds it on eBay, make sure you post the link on this topic.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Ukhozi
Forum Member only

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, 19 August, 2014, 11:24:29 AM »

I've done my bit and I leave it in your good hands and hope someone gives it a good home. I'll be keeping an eye on Ebay too, I gave him a few pointers as to what would be involved and I think that has pushed him into parting with it as I'm sure he had no idea of the costs involved.

To pass away without passing on it not to have passed at all.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, 01 July, 2015, 11:16:54 AM »

Ok people, I've been in  contact with Joe, and he still has the Eagle. He's been out of the country since last year, and only recently returned. Bu the had to leave the Eagle at a friends place in the back yard, and as such, is now surrounded by 1 meter tall grass with signs of grass inside the car. And it needs to go. It will be going on eBay within two weeks, but he's giving anyone on here first option.

Obviously if there's grass showing inside the car, then possibly the floor has rusted through. But we also know how hardy the Beetle chassis is and new (dropped?) floorpans installed. And would obviously be a full project car. Remember, these weren't originally sold here in Oz, and I've heard that only 3 were imported (who really knows though?).

Please save this Eagle, would be nice to have one in the club!

Car is located in Romsey Victoria. Don't have a price he's looking for, I've just emailed him asking for one.

Contact Joe for more details;

joebonello93@gmail.com

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: