The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 04:22:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I survived!  (Read 5308 times)
CyCo
CLUB Member

« on: Sunday, 26 April, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »

So, a short time ago the power came back on. 5 days with out power. No internet, no lights, no cooking, whatever hot water remained in the hot water service. I'm ok, the reek is in the garage, and no damage to the house. Was a fairly severe storm, but sounds like Dungog in the Hunter took the brunt of it.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 28 April, 2015, 06:32:55 AM »

No Internet??? How primitive, you must have had withdrawal symptoms!

Glad to hear all is restored.

We missed most of it, just got 300mm in two days and enough wind to blow the solar lights apart and a power outage of about 2 hours, so we went to bed! We got off pretty lightly, I think.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 28 April, 2015, 02:14:13 PM »

Yeah, I only had a slight leak in the roof, which was already there anyway. Other than that I faired well, not counting the lack of power. Not that I totally didn't have access to the internet, which I can get through my phone. Mind you, there was a lot of the Central Coast that lost phone reception because of the blackout affecting the phone towers. They have battery backup, but only last so long before going flat. So while my electricity bill should be a little less this quarter, my mobile phone bill will still go up by $40. lol  And I still got of easier than most.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: