The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 01:03:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NSW Eureka FOR SALE  (Read 8249 times)
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« on: Wednesday, 01 April, 2015, 11:12:30 AM »

On behalf of Mel (the owner)

The chassis is from a 1973 Beetle,
while it has gone through two engine changes. The engine in place now is a completely renovated,
1.9 litre VW Beetle. The car has been recently painted green in colour. It has mag wheels all around.

Registered in New South Wales (BH25KB). The tachometer requires connection and hence it is not
working at present.  It has been out on the road annually for the mandatory 'green slip' inspection.
Its registration is valid till September 2015.
18,000km

CONTACT melprasad8@gmail.com

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 01 April, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 01 April, 2015, 11:22:31 AM »

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 02 April, 2015, 10:39:58 AM »

Good to know such a unique 'reek still lives, even better that it's on the road. And now it's no longer being pushed along by the 'hemi' V8, it's probably more drivable than it was previously. Hope it stays in NSW of course.  Tongue

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Friday, 03 April, 2015, 10:50:28 AM »

just wondering if we could get better photos of the roof mechanism. Appears to be a pair of gas struts and a pair of forward mounted hinges. And thinking about it, how those hinges are mounted too. Previously all we had was this small photo;

And now we have that photo of the interior. Just would like a better idea of what's going on there.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

ireek
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Monday, 06 April, 2015, 03:59:16 PM »

Looks like the Puma roof setup

https://www.facebook.com/pumaclubdiadrianogatto?fref=ts
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Monday, 06 April, 2015, 11:41:58 PM »

Granted, it does look like a Puma setup. Just was interested in how they reinforced the front of the tub, if they did.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, 20 March, 2016, 01:29:49 AM »

G'day gang,

This unique Reek is still for sale if you're looking for something a little different.

The owner, Mel Prasad, has sent me some more recent photos of the car for your viewing below as well as a few more details;

The car is in very good condition having only done around 18,500km and is insured with Shannons for $21,000 after one of their surveyors inspected it.
It is fully NSW registered till September 2016 and sports a 1915 VW engine which has only done about 200km since it was put in.
It all works just fine except for the tacho which is not working at the moment but Mel says he is "... too old to bend under the dash and set it right ..."

Mel can be contacted via email at melprasad8@gmail.com or you can contact me at President@PurvisEurekaCarClub.com.au or 0418 307 973 for his phone number if you're interested.

Enjoy the pics Smiley

PP.
for life

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, 20 March, 2016, 01:53:42 AM »

And here's the last 2 pics which the forum would not let me attach to my previous message  Angry

PP.
still for life Tongue

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: