The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 10:50:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Perth - Eureka For Sale  (Read 5113 times)
caminperth
Forum Member only

« on: Monday, 02 March, 2015, 09:47:05 AM »

Hi Guys,

I inherited a Eureka Purvis around 6 months ago from my Uncle which has been in dry storage for about 8 years since we last had it running. I've been lurking on this site since I inherited it and have finally come to the decision that I won't have the time or energy to bring it back to it's former glory.

What I know about it is that its a standard Purvis with a Mazda 1.6L turbo motor fitted running an older style Wolf3D engine management system.

All seems to be as we left it, my thoughts on what needs to be done are as follows:
1. Roof will need a little work - it doesn't leak, but it has a "test bulkhead" fitted that could easily be removed and glassed over
2. Engine will need the usual flushes for something that hasn't run in a while - also the engine management system may need programming which I have the manual for
3. Windscreen has a crack in the top and will eventually need replacing
4. Roof mechanism has been unbolted and wires cut so will need refitting

I've posted some photos on dropbox here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oynbf2nv8m81rwj/AABRD2qdsuam8zKtSLmc4MEfa?dl=0

I'm asking $9,500 for it - I'm hoping this is a fair price?

Please direct any enquiries to Campbell on 040 894 6482 or campbell.nunn at bag.com.au

Cheers,
Cam
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Monday, 02 March, 2015, 12:02:40 PM »

Hi Cam.

First off, sorry about your Uncle. Secondly, sorry you decided to sell the Eureka. But sounds like you've done your research and have at least 1/2 an idea about what goes into fixing/building/restoring these cars.

Looks to me like you have a PL30. The motor looks to be a Mazda BP engine, which was also the same engine from the Ford Laser at the time, about 1989 through to 1994 according to the internet. These could be made to put out respectable power for a 4 banger at the time. I think they were also used in the first series MX-5, though non turbo (at least here).

That 'test bulkhead' is a doozy though. Know what the line of thought was for that? I can't see the crack in the windscreen, is it under the packing tape?

Do you have the rego papers from when it was last registered? That could make a world of difference to get that back on the road.

Other than that bulkhead, it looks to be a solid car. Was the roof operated by hydrolic or electric actuators?

$9,500 might be a little high for a car that's not running, needs a engine rebuild and probably a new windscreen. And then there's removing that bulkhead and finishing the roof off. That will probably lead to a repaint for whoever buys it. And probably new tyres if the cars been sitting on them for 8 years. I'm thinking more like the $7,000 to $8,000 and you might get lucky.

Hope you get a sale.

8]

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

caminperth
Forum Member only

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 03 March, 2015, 09:43:41 AM »

Thanks for the reply and info on the engine Cyco. The engine info matches up with what I thought.

As for the "test" bulkhead, it's external only. Reasons behind it have gone with my uncle and will be forever unknown to me. Windscreen crack is under the tape. Roof is electric actuators as far as I can tell.

As for rego papers - it's currently licensed (just paid it for another year) so if you could start it you could drive it. This would save someone a lot of hassles with pits/transportation/permits etc.

I forgot to mention there is also a spare rim with tyre that goes with the car.

The price is negotiable - though I don't want to give it away. Feel free to make an offer.  Smiley

Cheers,
Cam
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 03 March, 2015, 10:31:36 AM »

As for rego papers - it's currently licensed (just paid it for another year) so if you could start it you could drive it. This would save someone a lot of hassles with pits/transportation/permits etc.

Now that should help with the price you're looking for. Also, maybe have a windscreen mob come around and see if they can repair the crack. Some cracks you can repair. Might save the cost of replacing the windscreen.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

caminperth
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 30 March, 2015, 03:51:46 AM »

Hi guys,

I've had a bit of interest, but only one offer of $2k which I turned down for obvious reasons..

Happy to take offers around the $7k mark.

Not a desperate sale and the more I look at it, the more I think I should have a go at it myself..

Cheers,
Cam
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Monday, 30 March, 2015, 04:11:29 PM »

Hey Cam, they're a fun car, though certainly different, especially with regards to the 'laid down' approach to driving (not so upright as in 'normal' cars), and with the amount of attention you'll get. If you decide to take it on yourself, don't be afraid to ask any questions, as we'll be able to supply at least some answers. lol We do have a couple of people in WA, but not many. Another new member is also from Perth, Swann4242 with a gullwinged Eureka that he wants to get on road. We used to have another one, 34hup Kym. He hasn't been on the forums for some 2 years and also sold his Eureka, but I wouldn't be surprised if he still visits here now and then. There are a couple more, but forget names other than Shippy, but he also sold his Eureka.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

mr_guy99493
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, 31 March, 2015, 03:08:46 AM »

Im in perth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: