The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 26 April, 2024, 10:57:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picnic at Hanging Rock 2015 - Sunday 8th Feb  (Read 9225 times)
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« on: Monday, 02 February, 2015, 06:11:16 AM »

G'day gang,

The Picnic at Hanging Rock is on again next Sunday February the 8th. Smiley

Please see http://www.picnicathangingrock.com.au for the complete story. Cheesy

The south eastern contingent will be leaving the goats behind in Drouin at 6:15am heading up the M1 through Melbourne, onto the Calder Freeway then on to Hanging Rock so we should get to the gate by approx 8:30am to hopefully meet up with our more northern Reek enthusiasts and cruise on in. Cool

The Picnic at Hanging Rock car show is the biggest car show in Victoria and possibly the country with over 2000 vehicles on display Shocked usually and with plenty of things for all the family to see and do so it is definitely an event not to be missed.

Let me know here or email, txt, phone or Facebook me if you'd like to join us on the cruise or meet us at the gate. Afro

PP.
The Lifer
phone 0418 307 973
email President@purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 05 February, 2015, 11:49:57 AM »

Im planning on going, as long as they dont cancel it again, as its going to be hot! Forecast is for 38 Deg C.
Although its usually cooler at the "Rock".
It was cancelled last year due to the heat (40 Deg C), and fire risk, so we see what happens, I just checked their website and it is still on.

See you at the top gate.

Stu
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 05 February, 2015, 12:47:04 PM »

Great stuff Stu, Smiley

We'll just have to wait and see what the weather is going to throw at us but if it doesn't get cancelled then we'll be there.  Afro

Sunday it is then. Cool

PP.
For Life

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 05 February, 2015, 10:15:25 PM »

As long as I fix my radiator leak in time I will also be there so I'll see you guys there.  Is the plan to meet at the gate at 8:30?

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Friday, 06 February, 2015, 01:48:43 PM »

Hi Radek,

Yes the plan is to meet up and wait inside the top (north) gate at around 8.30.

If you go through the top gate and go down the track a bit, you can pull over to the left and wait for the rest of us, thats if your first in.
Otherwise if we are in first we will wait for you.

If your running rather late, then a text or phone call to Paul would be helpful so we know, and we can move on into the grounds, and save you a spot.

To get into the top gate, off the freeway, you go past the first road (south gate which is where you got in last year) - (dont do a right hand turn).
If the guys stop you then tell them you want to meet up with others at the North Gate, then continue around the "rock" which is on your right,
The road goes on for a couple of kms, where there is a turn to the right, (see the guys with fluro vests), you take this road, which leads to the north gate just over the hill.
You will see the guys guiding traffic etc.

Bring a big hat, and plenty of water to drink for the day as its going to be "HOT"

Stu
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Friday, 06 February, 2015, 11:26:03 PM »

Thanks Stu, looking forward to it! 

So I assume you mean to enter Racecourse Rd via Colwells Rd?  https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir//-37.3277761,144.5969582/@-37.3312885,144.5996123,1170m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, 08 February, 2015, 11:56:36 AM »

Yes Radek, your correct

See you tomorrow, it might be a bit cooler at the Rock, as I went past there today on my way to and from Melb and it was raining in that area, yet it was warmer and dry north and south of Woodend.

radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, 12 February, 2015, 10:36:25 PM »

Hi All,
Not taking many pictures of the day myself, here's some images I've found on the web of the Eureka's on the day:

Radek.

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: