The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 11:22:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale in WA  (Read 8481 times)
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« on: Wednesday, 12 November, 2014, 12:58:11 PM »

Just received an e-mail regarding one for sale in WA
Details so far

Please assist to flash into your For Sale board, 1989 Purvis Eureka SportMaster for sale kept at Bateman suburb 6150 Perth CBD Western Australia per photo attachment.
Lawrence Low
Mob: 040 352 4087

From the look of it, it's more PL30 or F4 (1989?) rather than Sportsmaster  Huh?

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Pegasus
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 13 November, 2014, 01:53:52 AM »

Hi, I will call Lawrence today and find out more about this one. hopefully I will get to see it this weekend
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 13 November, 2014, 04:00:00 AM »

I'm thinking F4, it looks to have a Targa Top. And a price for those interested would be nice.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pegasus
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 13 November, 2014, 09:06:18 AM »

any suggestion what this would be worth?
I have called and hope to check this one this weekend.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 13 November, 2014, 02:44:01 PM »

Hard to say from just the one photo. Would depend on what engine it's running, what the interior is like, is it under current rego, is it running, and the overall condition. Also what damage is hiding under that electrical tape on the front. Assuming the car is running and is currently registered, with a VW motor and a clean looking interior, maybe $5000-$6000? But without seeing/knowing more details, who can really say?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Qldsports
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 13 November, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »

I think we under value our Reeks all the time & any Reek running with rego in fair to good condition must start at $10,000 & go up from there. Why do we always under value our Reeks??? If it was any other make of car with a limited run of only 7-8 hundred you would have to sell your house to get one. We should all start to realize we are our own worst enemy, we should stop under valuing a piece of history like this.

Always a work in progress
The Green Reek
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Friday, 14 November, 2014, 01:56:41 AM »

I agree entirely Qldsports.
Rego current or not has to be worth at least 5K.
A running registered reek in any condition should be worth at least 15K.
Prices should go up from there.
For too long we've under sold these. The are a rare classic!
I know we all love a bargain but its up to us to set the realistic market values.
But as Cyco has said, its hard to give an estimate without some details about the car.

Aw. You used so many big words that even the little ones are confusing!
mr_guy99493
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Friday, 14 November, 2014, 03:32:57 AM »

Agreed. I think the prices drop a lot because people are trying to sell quickly to a very small market.
If they were in the position to wait much longer for the right buyer, the price should be right up there.
Higher prices would incentivise professional resto rather than unfinished projects, and there'd be more amazing reeks driving around.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #8 on: Friday, 14 November, 2014, 04:19:20 AM »

very small market.

This is the problem. That, along with it's a niche car, in this case a VW based kit car that isn't a replica of an existing car (like the billions of Cobras, GT40s, Lotus 7s, etc), and there's even a sizable amount of VW people out there that despise 'us' for taking away spare parts and entire cars away from them. The Eureka (and it's extended family), belong to a fairly rare few kit cars that were successful and weren't a replica, the main one being the Beach Buggy (namely the Manx). Given the limited number of our cars one would assume that you could get a good price (like $15,000+), but most of the time when one appears for sale, it's often a basket case or in need of a complete rebuild anyway. And outside of a small group (namely us), most people don't like these cars enough to actually want to own one. Plenty of people go gaagaa over the spacehip lookng shape, but not to the extent of ownership. Amongst the comments Ive heard over the years about how cool they look, questions like how fast does it go, I've also heard things like 'what a piece of crap', 'death trap' etc. It's a radical car, but maybe too radical for most people, and that holds down the perceived value of these cars. And possibly another factor being that you can buy a new one as a kit, if your'e willing to ship all the way from the US. Sure, it's just our Sports, but most people, if they actually used their heads and the internet (a very small slice of the population), would find out about the Sterling. Of course, it would cost a bomb to ship here, but that's an option.

In short, it's only worth anything to a small group of people, us. If the Jaguar E-Type only had a small following, it wouldn't be worth as much as they are now. 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

mr_guy99493
Forum Member only

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, 02 December, 2014, 08:03:11 AM »

Maybe this is it?
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/millendon/cars-vans-utes/1981-purvis-eureka-f4-sports-coupe/1062163031
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, 02 December, 2014, 11:22:19 AM »

Don't think so, the roof I'm fairly sure is different, the 'elephant ears' are black on this one, and red on the original posters car, and the bonnet locks and windscreen squirters are different.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

shipy59
Forum Member only

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, 14 January, 2015, 11:14:49 AM »

Last gumtree link is for a f4 near me. belonged to the same guy that i bought my corvette off. Guys name that has it now is SAM. Nearly swapped my 79 vette for it just no cash my way stopped me. Is a good car.(from what i remember)

Its gone but not forgotten
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: