The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 12:45:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Gauge not working  (Read 5478 times)
bearings
PECCoA MEMBER

« on: Tuesday, 07 October, 2014, 01:15:04 PM »

G'day all, has anyone got a good working fuel tank sender unit that I could have at a reasonable price. Mine works down to about three quarters then goes like a screen wiper then down to zero and stays there. I have standard VDO gauges on board. If anyone can help me out then thanks
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 07 October, 2014, 11:06:37 PM »

Hi,

You could try removing the sender from the tank and cleaning the resistive contact pads, otherwise if all else fails it's probably easiest to just buy a new one http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=vdo+fuel+sender&_sop=15  .  I'm not sure which resistance range the Eureka's typically used though..

Cheers,
Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
midmount
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 08 October, 2014, 09:20:21 AM »

I have always used to 69 beetle tank and tank unit with the VDO gauge set. 80ohms empty-15 ohms full.I could bring my spare to Melb.If you don't get lucky.Dave
bearings
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 08 October, 2014, 10:49:35 AM »

Thanks guys I'ii see what I can do from this end and I'll be in touch again. Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: