The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 08:07:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking F4 Eureka for National Gallery of Victoria exhibition  (Read 9126 times)
radekp81
Forum Member only

« on: Monday, 30 June, 2014, 12:04:07 AM »

Hi All,

On Friday night I took the Eureka out for a quick spin to do a bit of tuning (...and unfortunately blew up my 5-speed gearbox  Sad ), but while I was at the Donnybrook servo I was approached by a guy who's friend (Harriet) is the curator for NGV and is currently seeking an F4 to be exhibited next year for a few months. She is after an F4 in particular (so I can't offer my car) as she sees them as the model most removed from overseas variants and therefore the one most unique and customised by Australia.

I have been in contact with her and so far this is the correspondence received which will help explain it a bit more:

"Thanks for offering to assist with locating a Eureka F4 for the exhibition I am curating at the NGV called 'Shifting Gear. Design, Innovation & the Australian Car'. It opens on 27 February and closes 12 July (not 14 June)

Attached is a general description (with incorrect close date) and a flyer about a talk I'm giving to my research group next week which has a little bit more information.

I have chosen 23 cars to cover 100 years of local design. I set myself a quite difficult brief but its been very interesting finding the examples. As I said, the late Eureka would fit the bill and is also a great example of a kit car, which were so popular.

I am happy to answer any questions of course should you find a willing lender."

Flyer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4bnijAGt8HlelctZDhjQ0d1dnRsay1LV3F0MkRqYWFod2xV/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone down in Vic is interested in lending out their F4 for a few months next year please contact me and I will pass on your details to Harriet who'll be wrapped to have found one for her exhibit.

Cheers,
Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
WYKED1
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 06 July, 2014, 12:04:24 PM »

Thanks Radek.

But this event is currently being addressed by the club committee so it would be appreciated that it is left to be sorted by the committee re the display.

Regards

James
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #2 on: Monday, 07 July, 2014, 06:41:28 AM »

No probs James, I'll leave it with you.

I was approached for help so I did not know at the time that the club was already handling it - perhaps update Harriet to ensure her that it is being handled as I assume the only reason I would have been approached would be because there may be some concern on her behalf that a Eureka may not become available.

Cheers,
Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
WYKED1
« Reply #3 on: Monday, 07 July, 2014, 08:05:57 AM »

Thanks Radek

Hope you are coming to Melbourne this year

Regards

James
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 07 July, 2014, 08:20:39 AM »

Ji James, Without a doubt I'll be there! 

See you there!

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Monday, 07 July, 2014, 11:25:13 AM »

Whilst the committee is guiding the decision, I would think that the final vote should be Allan Purvis', as the he is the reason the F4 exists,. It is his creation, so it should be his choice. 

Ted
WYKED1
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, 08 July, 2014, 09:59:36 AM »

Ted.

Without Allan having the foresight to bring the car to Australia in the first place we would not have any of these
cars to choose from or for that matter a club either.
Allan is on the committee and is involved with all matters concerning this club.

Regards

James
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, 08 July, 2014, 11:21:11 AM »

I think that is what I said.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, 08 July, 2014, 02:36:34 PM »

And, if the committee decide not to contribute, we should be notified here with time allowing if a member decided to provide his/her car to the museum. Remember, they're not asking for a club to be represented, but the marque. 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, 09 July, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »

Thank you Cyco
My thoughts exactly

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: