The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 10:06:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mudgee "Wings, Wheels and Wine"  (Read 4633 times)
barsted
CLUB Member

« on: Wednesday, 30 April, 2014, 07:13:55 AM »

Just got back from the above day of car displays, aircraft performances and local produce sales. A great day was had all round and the Eureka won "Best Sports Car in Show"! Beat Cobras, Triumphs, Mg's, a Porsche and a few others I never got to see. Funny part was, the organisers selected 9 cars to do a performance run, fast as you can, down the main runway. They picked a Ford GT, Monaro GTS, Porsche Turbo, a 1000hp ute, Shelby Cobra, a couple of V8 muscle cars and....Me! Slowest car there but got lots of attention though. Spent all day talking and just about destroyed my throat, but I did my best to spread the word. Didn't find any more Reeks but now more people have heard about them!

Ted
Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 30 April, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »

Hi Ted, well done on your win! But it must be said that you did not have much compertition  Wink. As for the speed run, did you tell them you were stuck in 2nd. gear and didn't want to over rev it Grin.

Regards Morris.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 30 April, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »

Sounds like an awesome event Ted. 'grats on the trophy!

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: