The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 26 April, 2024, 10:01:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hanging Rock 2014  (Read 27261 times)
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, 29 April, 2014, 06:36:11 AM »

G'day Radek,

Yep, just rock up and pay at the gate, grab your goodies bag, drive in and park where directed. Smiley

If you get to the gate by 8:30am and wait for us (or vice versa) then we can all park together once we're inside. Cool

Same times as usual, leaving Drouin at 6:15am, passing under the Stud Road overpass on the Princess Freeway (M1) at 7:00am for those who'd like to join the convoy there, then under the Springvale Road overpass at 7:05am then it's straight up the freeway, through Melbourne via CityLink, onto the Calder and off to Hanging Rock to get there by 8:30am all going well.

I won't be going if it's raining but we won't know what the weather is going to be like until that morning or course so keep your fingers crossed gang.

PP.
The Lifer.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, 03 May, 2014, 01:39:47 PM »

From the current forecast, it will be cloudy, but no rain on the day, it will be wet under foot though, and cold! So rug up guys.

Radek, if you are going, most of us take a cut lunch and thermos and a chair, unless you want to line up with the ques for food, although not sure if the crowds are going to be there this year.

If the weather looks like changing for the worse in the meantime, then I will be pulling out as well.

So hope the weather is dry on the day,

See you there!

Stuart
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, 04 May, 2014, 04:17:15 AM »

The forecast now is for scattered showers, 90% chance of rain, dont like our chances of not getting wet! up to 5 ml of rain.
and its going to be "COLD" so would need to rug up.

Im keeping my options open at the moment.

Stu
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, 04 May, 2014, 01:17:28 PM »

Sorry gang but I'm pulling the pin on tomorrow.  Angry

I have a 40 foot container arriving Monday come hell or high water so I've spent the afternoon trying to level a patch of dirt for it but thanks to the rain I'm not finished so I need tomorrow to get it done.

Did I mention that it's been raining all arvo and tomorrow's forecast is for more rain, colder temperatures and stronger winds and the thought of driving 175km each way in those sort of weather conditions with open side windows for demisters doesn't float my goat I'm afraid.

By the way, the shipping container will be storage for my 2 new Reeks which will be arriving sometime soon Grin Afro Cool

So to those of you who do go tomorrow, have a great day, stay warm and take lots of photos. Cheesy

PP.
The Lifer

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, 04 May, 2014, 10:11:11 PM »

The sun is shining here in Bendigo, and hardly any clouds in the sky at 7.00 am!
According to Elders Weather Radar, light showers have already passed over where we are going, but not much to follow, so here's hoping for a cool but dryish day.

Will keep you posted at the end of the day.

Stu
INSTRO
CLUB Member

« Reply #20 on: Monday, 05 May, 2014, 02:56:07 AM »

What Imelda  Huh?, more shoes for  your collection , what colour's this time Whistle

RKL Grin

The Mighty Morhin' Eureka Rangers!
(Be afraid, be very afraid   )
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #21 on: Monday, 05 May, 2014, 07:53:18 AM »

Well, what a day, all sunshine on the way down, till we reach Kyneton, then misty rain right up to the gate.

We finally got in the grounds, and by chance, I just happened to pull in next to Radek with his recently registered Eureka!
It finally passed a roadworthy, and was registered last Monday, so this was his maiden voyage in the Car.
So another "smick" and rather unique Eureka on the roads in Victoria!

Over the morning there were patches of misty to light rain.

The attendance and spectators were well down, probably no more than 400 or so cars on display, which was more than I expected due to the weather.
For an event that in recent years attracts up to 4000 vehicles.

Only the main arena (where they set up the stage) and 2 areas adjacent were taken up with cars.
No cars were on the centre of the race track oval, or to the right of the main road going into the grounds.
So those who have been previous years can get the idea of how many were in attendance.

Due to the weather, some display vehicles were leaving as early as 10.00 am, and the flow of cars kept streaming out the gate, as quick as they came in.

12.00 noon they gave out the trophies, and around 1.00 pm, most of the grounds were vacated.
We stayed on till 1.45 pm, talking Eureka etc with Radek, and were 3 of the last cars in the paddock.

As soon as we hit the highway, dry roads all the way home!

Overall it was a good day out, with the exception to the winterish weather.

I will try and get some pics up in the next day or so.

Stu
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, 06 May, 2014, 12:15:52 PM »

I took along my Eureka (Red) and 300ZX Convertible (Yellow),  by chance we were directed to park in this paddock, and we just happened to pull in right next to Radek (sorry if I have spelt your name wrong), who had only pulled in some cars prior to us.

The Yellow 300zx got knocked back from entering because it was just under 25 years old, we had to do some running around to finally get it entered into the display cars. Otherwise it would have sat in the spectators paddock.

Enjoy the pics

radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, 07 May, 2014, 02:41:20 AM »

Thanks for putting up the pics Stuart, and yep you spelt my name right Smiley  Hey if they let in a 14-year-old Diablo then surely they can let in a car just shy of 25 years (at least the model itself came out 25 years ago)!

It was a good day (albeit the bad weather) and we had two separate people contact us during the day which I'll update everyone on as more info becomes available.  Both contacts would like to involve the club rather than just individual cars.

One person was a journalist from Unique Cars magazine who'd like to do a piece on Eurekas in the future and therefore if/when he writes the piece I'll update the club on any correspondence and put up a post to see if any other members are interested in having their cars also appear in the piece.

The other was the motorsport director for the Geelong Revival festival.  This year they are intending to move the festivals focus around Australian-made cars and he would like it if the Eureka Car Club would take part in the event.  There's two parts to the festival - show and shine and the drag strip.  Of course it's down to the individual as to which they participate in.  I'll update the club once entrant's registration is open (which is done via invitation to car clubs).

James, let me know if you would like any of their contact details so we can get the correct involvement at the club-level (sorry that they're both VIC-based happenings instead of SA  Smiley).

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
WYKED1
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, 07 May, 2014, 08:22:15 AM »

Radek

Never be sorry about promoting the club
And from the look of the pics of your car it will only improve the general publics perception of what these cars can look like
Bloody Beautiful
And yours too Stuart
Boys I hope your both coming to Melbourne this year

Well done to the both of you great looking cars

Best Regards

James
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, 07 May, 2014, 10:20:38 AM »

James,

Im assuming you are referring to "beautiful" to the "Yellow" car in the pics as well!

Strange that some of us Eureka owners also have zeds!

Both myself and Radek, were discussing on getting to the meet this year.
So should see you there!

Stu
D4
Forum Member only

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, 07 May, 2014, 10:37:15 AM »

Whistle Whistle I can see by the photos why that yellow O/S produced hunk of junk was for sale, Only a Volvo driver would take that car home. Grin Grin Grin good turnout, now get back to the A. G. M. in Melbourne.
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, 07 May, 2014, 12:04:19 PM »

Yep without a doubt I'll be at the meet this year - looking forward to it!

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, 08 May, 2014, 10:49:36 AM »

You can always pick the jealousy from a man's reply! (D4)

Whats that saying, "He who has the most toys . . . . ."

Tis for sale if your interested D4!  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Wink

Stu

StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, 17 May, 2014, 12:38:22 PM »

Photos of the day on Unique Cars Mag Website: see link

http://www.uniquecarsmag.com.au/news-and-reviews/article/articleid/86677.aspx

With the photo of the Eureka's, that's not me in the middle either, but it is Joel left, behind Radek's Car in Fluro/Blue jacket.

Stu
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: