The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 20 April, 2024, 03:03:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 NATIONAL MEET OF THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB  (Read 82089 times)
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, 28 November, 2013, 01:50:14 PM »

Only 25 years? Luxury! Shoot, I waited 32 years for mine. Mind you, if I had built one as a 21 y.o., it would not have been as good as mine now. I know a lot more ways to do stuff now than way back then.

I actually think I appreciate the car more having waited for it!

Ted 
Splat
Forum Member only

Yellow Car

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, 30 November, 2013, 07:13:47 AM »

Only 25 years? Luxury! Shoot, I waited 32 years for mine. Mind you, if I had built one as a 21 y.o., it would not have been as good as mine now. I know a lot more ways to do stuff now than way back then.

I actually think I appreciate the car more having waited for it!

Ted 

So true Ted, so true.

midmount
CLUB Member

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, 07 December, 2013, 12:33:12 PM »

I must disagree Ted. I built mine when I was 21. sure it was a bit rough.but 33 year and 250000ks later I have no regrets.
WYKED1
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, 12 January, 2014, 09:34:18 AM »

Well Everyone.

Xmas and New Year have come and gone and I hope you all had a great time. Grin Grin

You may well wonder what is there to look forward to now for 2014. Whistle Whistle
If you don't know by now and you have been living under a rock for awhile.

This year our THEME for the 40th Anniversary of the release of the Purvis Eureka is the SEVENTIES
Now for some of us this is not going to be too difficult we just open up the cupboard get out the Bellbottoms, Big Boots, Foral Shirt and your in like flint
For others go and raid your parents place and see what they used to wear when they went to the Disco.

I bet Allan has still got some of his gear from the seventies just have a gander at some of the pics of him back then and you will see what I am talking about.

Now here is a question for all who remember as they say the good old days

What was your favorite song back then.

One of mine was by a guy named Terry Jacks can anyone guess the song if so I owe you a beer at the meet.

Now while your at it how about you put up your favorite from the SEVENTIES and we oldies can have a flash back.
For you youngies OMG you dont know what you missed. Cry Kiss Roll Eyes Huh? Shocked

lets get your hits up

regards

James
P.S. Rita where is my Village People record last time I saw it
it was on His Masters Voice Gramaphone.
Xntrik1
Forum Member only

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, 12 January, 2014, 03:02:39 PM »

James, would that song be Seasons in the Sun? I think I still have that vinyl put away with George Baker's Una Paloma Bianca.
Can't wait to re-live the Seventies at the meet!  Whistle Afro

Tom
WYKED1
« Reply #20 on: Monday, 13 January, 2014, 12:21:14 AM »

Told you it would bring back some memories
I remember that one too
maybe we need to get a whole lot of these so we can have a Disco Theme Night in Melbourne

james
Allan
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, 19 January, 2014, 09:14:42 AM »

Ok James....

Just remember...U started this ....LOL   

My fav, ...."LOVE TO LOVE YOU BABY"  ...Singer please...??

AND ...U asked for it....So Here it IS.... THEME 70s / 80s ....AND

YES ...." DISCO "  Music IT IS Mate ...!

Some will hate you.....BUT... 99 % ....WILL Lv U for this ...Rita Included...in the 99%

First Dance with u girl...It's a Date...!   Wear your "mirrorball" ear rings ...I know U have them ...LOL  xo

Cheers Guys & gals....Can't wait ...!!!

Allan Purvis
Mez
Treasurer
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, 19 January, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »

I love the 70's, you can't go past Abba and the disco queen Donna Summer and the mesmerising song "I feel love" who also sang "Love to Love you Baby" - there you go Allan!

My favourite 70's song was probably without a doubt Abbas "Dancing Queen". On the rock side of the 70's I think Led Zeppelin had it with Stairway to Heaven, they don't make songs like they used to thats for sure.

Bring your platform dancing shoes, flared pants and halter neck tops, it's going to be a disco!

I can't wait.  Afro Grin

Purvis Eureka: When whether it starts or not is secondary to how awesome it looks.
Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #23 on: Monday, 20 January, 2014, 04:12:50 AM »

I know that we have a member who has a hand knitted roll neck wool jumper from the 70's.
  I think that member should wear it!! AND NO, I dont want it back. It would look a lot better
  than what he normally wears as fancy dress.

Morris.
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #24 on: Monday, 20 January, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »

Yeah, good on ya Morris Roll Eyes Tongue Whistle  I thought you'd have forgotten about that horrible thing by now......

I must admit though, it's probably pretty much impossible for me to find a morph suit from the 70's so you're all safe from that threat this year! angel

Lookout Ballina in 2015 Grin

PP.
for life

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
Mez
Treasurer
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, 21 January, 2014, 03:07:05 PM »

Maybe a morph suit with platform heels and an afro? I believe they called them body suits back in the day, but you would need a wide collar!

Shocked
Mez

Purvis Eureka: When whether it starts or not is secondary to how awesome it looks.
bazza
Forum Member only

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, 09 March, 2014, 11:44:58 AM »

hi  James the song is season in the sun by terry jacks yours Bazza ps see you in Melbourne
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #27 on: Friday, 20 June, 2014, 12:29:21 PM »

The National Meet Booking forms are now available from the Club Website

CLUB Members http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au/Documents/meet2014members.pdf

Non Members here http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au/Documents/meet2014nonmembers.pdf

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, 09 July, 2014, 01:35:33 AM »

Hi Phil,

Just letting you know that it appears the email provided on the form does not exist (natmeet@purvisurekacarclub.com.au).  I've completed the form and payment and would like to email it but I'm unsure as to what email address.

Cheers,
Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, 09 July, 2014, 09:45:13 AM »

Thanks Radek
I'm also sure that email will not work too.
Try swapping the u & e and try that

natmeet@purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: