The Purvis Eureka Forum
Wednesday, 24 April, 2024, 08:03:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oatley Remote control  (Read 9896 times)
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« on: Thursday, 26 February, 2009, 01:43:04 AM »

Does anyone have a guide on how to hook up an Oatley romote control for Linak lifters?
I'm pretty sure it used to be on the old MSN site but that has since been shut down.

Thanks,
Liam.

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 26 February, 2009, 02:41:15 AM »

There's some info in the Members section on the ECCA site, but I don't know if it includes info you're looking for, though it is for the Oatley remote. Wether it's for how ti hook it up to tthe Linak lifters is something I don't know.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 26 February, 2009, 08:51:10 AM »

Hi Liam,
            I have both the lifter wiring diagram and the one to integrate the Oatley remote control. I'll scan them both and email them to you. I'm currently installing a set of lifters and an Oatley remote on Eddies reek. I'm taking a couple of pics for a story for this site if possible or the ECCA website.

Simon

I get paid to work on reeks...

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 26 February, 2009, 01:37:25 PM »

That would great, thank, simon!
There's a bit of info on the ECCA web site in the Tech section, mainly about the board itself, how to build it and what it does, but doesn't have a diagram actually showing how the Linak lifters connect to the Oatley remote control. The oatley board has these conection points marked on it "Lamp---Battery---9Vac---Motor                  Outputs---Limit switch---Remote manual. It is kind of self explanitary but not having much electrical no how i want to make sure i get it right.

Liam

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 26 February, 2009, 10:11:21 PM »

Liam,
         The standard lifter wiring diagram was in no way applicable. The remote diagram is on it's way. Let me know how you go with it.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Friday, 27 February, 2009, 12:20:40 PM »

Heres a pic of my Oatley Remote

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 28 February, 2009, 02:10:09 AM »

I ordered my pair of Linak actuators yesterday, should arrive at Rons place around tuesday next week.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Iama Ardfark
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, 03 March, 2009, 07:21:23 AM »

Hey Cyco, how much are they now...I seem to recall a post about a price increase a while ago

Thanks
Phil

Wadya mean I CAN'T work on the Reek today ??
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, 03 March, 2009, 11:51:10 AM »

$710 (gone up 15% since October), plus shipping. Grand total (according to my bank statement) is $799.70.  Cameron overquoted me on the shipping when I talked to him (good lad!) by about $10. That's shipping from Melbourne to Sydney. Obviously shipping to your area might be different.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

I reek
Forum Member only

« Reply #9 on: Friday, 06 March, 2009, 01:52:15 AM »

Can anyone share a pic or 2 on how they mounted their up/down limit switches ?

Cheers
Iama Ardfark
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, 12 March, 2009, 11:54:05 AM »

at huge risk of offending the traditional Oatley arrangement, there is currently an alternative on ebay that is a tad more cost effective. Remote control plus the electronic bit for $15.....wiring up is so simple it doesn't need instruction. Forgot to add the postage, since it comes from Hong Kong registered mail.Fully assembled, even better

Phil

Wadya mean I CAN'T work on the Reek today ??
I reek
Forum Member only

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, 12 March, 2009, 12:57:18 PM »

Phil, If you mean this one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RF-Wireless-Electric-Garage-Gate-Door-Remote-Control_W0QQitemZ130292273058QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_15?hash=item130292273058&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

its definitely more cost effective, but if I'm right - looking at the chip, its not a code hopping remote so the security is drastically lower. All modern cars use the code-hopping technology
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, 12 March, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »

$710 (gone up 15% since October), plus shipping. Grand total (according to my bank statement) is $799.70.  Cameron overquoted me on the shipping when I talked to him (good lad!) by about $10. That's shipping from Melbourne to Sydney. Obviously shipping to your area might be different.

I forgot to add, that this price if for current ECCA members. If you were to get the same actuators without the club discount, it would cost you $1,700.oo without delivery.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: