The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 12:36:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red 'reek spotted in Gosford  (Read 7109 times)
CyCo
CLUB Member

« on: Sunday, 12 May, 2013, 01:48:13 AM »

I was on the way home and heading through Gosford yesterday, when I spotted this 'reek in front of a brake joint. So I obviously did a u-turn and headed back. Of course the business wouldn't hand the owners info over, which they shouldn't, so I left them my contact info and the url for the forum.

I don't know this particular car, but I know that Simon was working on a car for someone quite local to me. And that bonnet rings a bell as well. I only took the one photo as I was sure I was being watched by the staff at the brake shop. I also didn't get to have a too close a look, other than it was a very neat car.

The brake shop works on some cool cars. Every now and then you can see some classic metal roll out and away from there. As I was asking about the Eureka, a Sunbeam Alpine was going for a brake test after some work.

Not the same one, this one was a nice creame colour, but looks to be the same model as the one in the photo I pulled of Wiki.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WYKED1
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 12 May, 2013, 04:16:47 AM »

I know the owner Cyco
Regards
James
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 12 May, 2013, 06:31:17 AM »

Ok cool. At least they know we exist.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 12 May, 2013, 11:31:03 PM »

Yeah Cyc-baby,
                         That's the reek I built for Jeni. Although I didn't put those butt-ugly side indicators on it. It has a Subi turbo donk, custom pedal set, Nissan Pulsar steering column, custom alloy fuel tank, (all my usual suspects) and custom hidden air conditioning. It's also the first reek I've used the hidden twin front radiators on we discussed long ago, which work perfectly.

I've recovered the seat centres, re-did the dash and it has a full rewire, including integrating the Subi computer and climate control systems. The list of unique custom mods is a page long. There's 10 intensive months in that reek so I'm pleased you felt it was "neat". It's also quite an animal on the road. Jeni will probably need a brake upgrade!

I have full build pics on everything for anyone needing info.

Simon 

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 13 May, 2013, 03:36:56 AM »

Ok cool. I thought it would be hers, but wasn't sure. As I said, I only had a quick look, as I'm sure the people who run the brake joint don't like 'random people' to crawl over their customers cars. I did forget to mention that it had a Scooby lump under it's tail end, at least it looked it to me from the quick look I had as I was walking away. But it does look the business.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Calidai
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 02 June, 2013, 11:28:46 PM »

Do you have much info on the wiring of the turbo motor into that reek am getting close to starting the wiring on mine to get the motor running.
I have a F4 also with 2.0 Turbo subi in it
WYKED1
« Reply #6 on: Monday, 03 June, 2013, 02:17:30 AM »

Calidal.

Great to find out you have a car or two
why not join the club you will find a lot more articles available to you with membership
and if you join now you will receive a special free gift as a forum member joining up
we are always looking for new members to make this a strong club and you obviously have talents that could help other members
as they say the more the merrier.

regards

James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: