The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 01:22:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: grey car in kensington vic  (Read 3982 times)
the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« on: Sunday, 24 February, 2013, 10:57:58 AM »

She looks like a fixer upper.......

http://m.quicksales.com.au/Details/705259619

Cheers

Shane
WYKED1
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 02 March, 2013, 06:00:58 AM »

Shane.

Looks like this car came from S.A.
and was previously regoed as a VW

regards

james
magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 02 March, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »

Hi guys
 If it is the one from S.A. Philinsa and my self looked at it years ago at Hallets Cove
  Good pionts beutifull just reskined seets to match the car, new taylor cut carpet .
  Bad points It had no windscreen, due to bonnet wrapping around it. I think it had a 1200cc I know it was a small
  VW. motor that hadn't been started for years.
  wurst of all it had been pushed out of the garage and left in the rain and not just over night (carpet was floating in about 2 to 3 inches   of water
  the floor was all rusty and the damp had rusted the exaust ect ect. (it was  middle of winter) The price then was
  around $9 grand and they thought they were giving it away. the son(owner) was living in
  Melbourne at the time talked by phone he said he was around 6 ft. 2 it was reeson for selling he would be early 30ies now
  I think phil had photos of the car and those nice seets. Thats if its the same car.
  Magooster.
Reubenator
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Friday, 15 March, 2013, 11:22:47 PM »

Magooster, so this is my car and thanks for your comments, a few things I should clarify.

Engine is a 1600 drilled out to a 2000, no issues or rust on the exhaust at all. Yes it has had some water damage because of the no windscreen issue, not long after I made a nice perspex screen and sealed it in..
I brought the car over here to Melbourne in the thoughts of fixing her up, but there's obviously a lot to do. I was selling it back then for 6K actually also.

Will get the engine started soon and will also do a break disc conversion also, paint work and interior is being worked on leaving windscreen and exterior to do last.

Ohh and I am 6'5".

Reuben.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: