The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 10:02:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another New one for Adelaide  (Read 29388 times)
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #15 on: Monday, 29 April, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »

Just completed a major project for work so I've had a bit of spare time. Or rather, have spent all my spare time on this one.
So there's been some progress lately.

Body back off and lots of fiberglass. All old paint stripped inside & out.
Shell bolted down to the chassis so I can progress further supports and rollbar etc
A quick guide coat blown on.

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, 30 April, 2013, 01:32:11 AM »

looking good Phil
CyCo

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, 30 April, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »

Does look good.

What about red, white & blue?

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, 30 April, 2013, 05:42:35 PM »

Thanks.
The Frankenstein Eureka Looks good in the pics. A lot of touch-ups to do, I'm sure there will be scars  Grin Whistle as it's built from bits and pieces dug up around the place. Shocked

One of the previous owners has cut out all the supporting fiberglass inside the rear. The back body is hanging lower than it should be at the moment, not that you can actually see the effect, but the engine cover touches the engine.
So when the rollbar goes in I will be putting in some supports off it. I foresee some exposed bolts  Evil Roll Eyes

Also, as everything has been cut out it has created a great big space. Something I'm considering filling up with a different fuel tank and mounting that off the rollbar too.

Now that I've bolted it down to the chassis, when I lift up the rear end, the sides go out and the rear wheel arches flex in. This will be a major factor in lining up the canopy as well.

Also going around fitting the underskirts. Don't want to have to cut them up to make them fit after a nice paint job. They will be painted off the body but the body will be painted on the chassis. Basically trial fitting everything.
The canopy will take some time, but that will be after the rollbar and supports are complete.

The whole build will be something different. On the outside will be the special paint job (I hope), but on the inside the gauges will be unusual. There will be no switches on the dash (as I can't reach them if they were), and it will be minimal.
I was having a discussion with my son regarding the problem with the dash,.... original, F4, modified, and questioning the gauges.
We came up with a solution to the Dash problem .................... eliminate the Dash ................ therefore, no problem.
Radicle concept, but so is the Eureka. It's still a work in progress (in the head), the concept is yet to fall into place, however, I don't usually do much that can't be undone or reverted.

Anyhoo, it's late and I'm rambling on and giving too much away

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, 05 May, 2013, 01:44:15 PM »

Due to the cut-out of most of the supports in the rear underside, there was a large amount of space, hence a trial of a Mitsubishi fuel tank.

Trial fit

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, 04 June, 2013, 02:36:16 PM »

Tank, Rollbar & supports installed

Passenger side

Driver side

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, 04 June, 2013, 02:44:12 PM »

Well reasonable weather here the last few days.

So it received a few coats of paint and no it's not Black, it's Charcoal (over black)  Whistle

CyCo

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, 05 June, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »

Sweet. So do you mean charcoal over a black base coat, or charcoal/black two tone? 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, 05 June, 2013, 10:58:43 AM »

That's Charcoal with black skirts

CyCo

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, 05 June, 2013, 11:14:21 AM »

Gotcha.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, 03 September, 2013, 02:29:43 PM »

As usual I forgot to update here, so here's a few more pics on the progress ...............

But inspired by Cycos fiberglassing efforts I thought I'd add the process of creating the new side pocket here

The mould

The Glass over

Result

Trimmed

Temp Install  Side pocket incorporating Fuse box, switch panel & Esky. This will have a cover pannel

Rear modified from a previous modification
Oh that stain?Huh?Huh?? She was just a little excited

AND New seats from the original mould

CyCo

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, 04 September, 2013, 09:51:06 AM »

Sweeet! And those new new seats looks 'da bomb!

Afro

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

D4
Forum Member only

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, 05 September, 2013, 07:35:39 AM »

Evil Evil Evil Grin    Looking good there Phil who did you get to re-build the car it looks fantastic.   Whistle Whistle
moose888
Forum Member only

It will get done!!

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, 05 September, 2013, 08:47:02 AM »

Hi Phil, when are you getting your seats covered because I might get my done as well!!

Cheers
Dean M.
Moose888
the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, 05 September, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »

Lookin good Phil, I'm a little confused as usual. I thought you said 3 colours? I figured you were going red, white and blue for an Aussie flag style or red, blue and yellow for the crows. So what happened to the third colour?

Love your dash idea, I thought you might be doing that but I expected it to be between the seats. Is that esky going to be refridgerated?

Cheers

Shane
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: