The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 04:35:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** SOLD ***Eureka Subaru EJ20 kit for sale $5750  (Read 8334 times)
jateureka
Forum Member only

« on: Thursday, 06 December, 2012, 02:03:05 AM »

I am putting my Eureka kit car up for sale. I just haven’t got the time to finish it and I would rather sell it to someone who can. I’m hoping it will remain in QLD so I can at least get a ride in it when it’s finished!

Price drop  $5750. (I have receipts totalling over $20k... ). Phone 0403 275 459 BETWEEN 7am and 7pm ONLY thanks. I'm located at Forestdale on Brisbane south side. If I can’t get my asking price then I will consider stripping it down and selling it for parts.

The kit was originally purchased from the Melbourne factory in 1996. I’m the 3rd owner and have extensive documentation (3 boxes full) on this kit, on Subaru engine conversions into VW beetles, Eureka and other VW based kit car builds and manuals that will all be supplied with the kit.

Still has a lot of work left to finish it, but has the parts and potential to make it an exceptional build.
Phil and Tim have seen this kit.
•   Eureka F4 (XLC) hard top on 1968 semi-auto VW beetle pan that was converted to manual
•   Subaru EJ20 motor, modified inlet manifold (to clear firewall), short alloy sump (imported from Germany to increase ground clearance and looks nice)  
•   Front and rear disc brakes with Ford 5 stud wheel pattern
•   Dragway DB3 mag wheels
•   IRS pan with single sideplate gearbox (rebuilt by Henry Spicak), new clutch & Empi trigger shifter. Also has a Scat shifter (if you want to relocate the sifter position rearward)
•   New T1 front beam with sway-a-way ride height adjusters (fitted by Indian Automotive & pan converted to manual)
•   Electric Linak roof lifters
•   Electric mirrors and instrument panel (Mazda RX7)
•   Tail lights (Nissan 300ZX)

All the fibreglass kit bits are there plus the side windows and the fittings right down to the Eureka bonnet emblem and horn badge. The front & rear windows were fitted at the factory when the kit was purchased.

It does require a few parts, including:
~ new tyres ( current ones wont pass roadworthy)
~ accelerator cable
~ Interior light, carpet, trim, sunvisors, rear view mirror, seatbelts
~ Subaru VSS (vehicle speed sensor)
~ exhaust (has headers, cat and O2 sensor)
~ pantograph wiper and gearbox (for existing wiper motor)

Gumtree listing with photos here http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/forestdale/cars-vans-utes/purvis-eureka-f4-kit-car-with-subaru-ej20-motor/1014438801  

More info on the sump and disc brake conversion at Aussie veedubbers forum http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=43283      and    

Some phtos of it when I first bought it on Phil's web site,  scroll down to Jenny http://qriusdesign.com/eureka-friends.html   shown fitted with borrowed steering wheel & seat & old VW stud wheels that it came with.
jateureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 06 December, 2012, 02:14:40 AM »

Some photos
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 06 December, 2012, 02:54:03 AM »

Oh noes!! You can't sell it! I've been waiting for you to finish it for years.

Cry

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

34hup
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 19 January, 2013, 11:41:18 AM »

Hi Jenny

Well if only you where in the West or I was still in Forestdale. I used to live in Plantagenet Drive, I would have bought in a flash. Too much to transport and too much risk. Good luck and sorry you have to sell your car.

Kym
jateureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 21 January, 2013, 08:03:25 AM »

Thanks Kym. I'm pretty gutted about having to sell it, but that's life.
Just sold my VN900 custom too because I didn't get time to ride it (I cried on the way home  Sad)
the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Monday, 21 January, 2013, 08:45:38 AM »

Hi Jenny, sorry to see you parting with something that you have put a lot of time, effort and money into. For any of you looking to buy this is a Massive bargain, if I had the cash I would have bought it first chance. Good luck with the sale,

Cheers

Shane
jateureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Monday, 18 February, 2013, 12:09:21 PM »

Thanks Shane.
It's now listed on Gumtree with some more photos.
If it doesn't sell in the mean time then I will try and get all the boxes of parts out next weekend and take more detailed photos for those interstate that requested more information before booking a plane ticket.

jateureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Monday, 04 March, 2013, 12:40:42 PM »

The Gumtree listing has been updated with more photos added.
jateureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, 06 March, 2013, 12:31:38 PM »

I've received a deposit and the sale is pending.

Looks like it will be staying in QLD.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, 07 March, 2013, 01:52:52 PM »

Sad to see ya go Jenny.

Cry

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

jateureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #10 on: Monday, 11 March, 2013, 03:17:16 AM »

Car is SOLD and set off yesterday on the way to his new home in Rocky.  Cry

Calidai
Forum Member only

« Reply #11 on: Friday, 15 March, 2013, 12:38:33 AM »

Got it home safely Jenny
Have pulled the motor out and it's going to go into Stewart's sports and the turbo one going in the f4

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: