The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 05:13:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To the Eureka Owners on the Forum  (Read 23533 times)
WYKED1
« on: Tuesday, 17 February, 2009, 12:55:49 PM »

Can anyone who is a forum member and not a ECCA member who owns a eureka please leave a message
This is just a request to see how many cars we can find
there is no pressure to join just would like to know if you guys have a car or not
and do you know we can supply a plaque for your car free of charge if you wish to have one
Like I said this is not a push for members just a request for a little info from you guys
Thankyou in advance for any info you can help us with
James
President
E.C.C.A
or you can ring me
0403 179 269
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 18 February, 2009, 08:31:24 AM »

Hi
I have a sports with a f4 roof
At present being rebuilt

Andrew
In parklea NSW

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 18 February, 2009, 02:51:24 PM »

I have me a F4. No plaque as of yet, been meaning to get one since they became available....  Embarrassed

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 19 February, 2009, 10:32:22 AM »

Not sure what my car is?  Huh?
Has 4 wheels (not including the steering wheel) no spare either, just an aerosol can with goo in it!
Engine goes vrrooom vrrooom. Sucks lots of petrol, especially when you put your right foot flat to the floor! It also leaves a cloud of blackish smoke behind you when you doo this too. Also you get a Wheeeeish sound from the big round spinning thingo stuck to the top of the engine.
Apart from that, I cant understand why so many people stare at me as I go by, must be my goofy looks or something? Perhaps I should get a different hat to wear when driving my car, maybe people wont stare so much then. :Smiley
My car is red, which I think is a good colour for safety reasons, fire trucks are red, and they put out fires, which is a good thing, so to have the same colour as a fire truck doesnt mean I put out fires though.
I enjoy driving my car, especially with the airconditioner on flat out, although when I do this, the sun comes in through the roof, which is kinda the opposite to the airconditioner working. Cool
Gee dont we drive some strange cars Cheesy Kiss

Stu Wink
cruetoone
« Reply #4 on: Friday, 20 February, 2009, 02:44:01 PM »

there is meant to be one floating around the shoalhaven in NSW i've yet to see it though...
red that's all i know of it...
I reek
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 05 March, 2009, 03:38:32 PM »

I have myself what I believe to be a PL30.. I'm in WA, the car is rego'd but currently undergoing a complete makeover so its stripped down at the moment. I'll post pics for the new forum when I get some time. It's a beetle engine worked to 2L with dual 40mm Solex carbs and numerous other engine mods all detailed on the receipts the previous owner collected over the last 25 odd years.. so yeah, I have a very detailed history of her. She is LOUD on the road and I love it  Grin

Leif (WA)
Slug52
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Friday, 07 August, 2009, 10:40:41 AM »

I have a Sports that has been on the road for just on twelve months. Standard VW motor. Bought it at Bendigo Swap Meet and spent three years doing it up. It's a roughy but the intention was to do it all myself when time permitted, including my first paint job.

Does joining the club open the possibility of Club Rego? I know that with 7 rego's to pay now the annual cost is getting ridiculous for me.

I can put an old 750 Honda bike on club plates for about $110 pa as opposed to about $500 otherwise. Any fool knows you can't drive everything in the shed at once but I'm not holding my breath for any changes in the bureaucacy. Slug

WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #7 on: Friday, 07 August, 2009, 12:01:50 PM »

G'day Dennis,

The Club started to go down this path a few years ago but the chap who was the driving it quit the club  Sad and it died before it even got going.  Cry

We might have to start looking into it again if there is enough interest from members and committee members as it takes a few dedicated committee people to be willing put themselves up for it although this wasn't a problem last time.  Grin

Bear in mind that if should it get up it would only apply to the State that it is lodged with, ie. we were getting it up in Victoria last time so only Victorian vehicles would have been able to take advantage of it (which would be perfectly fine by you I'd reckon  Wink).  So if other States wanted to get on board then we would have to investigate how to do it in those states as well.

I believe it brought the Victorian rego cost down from $500 plus to under $200 from memory but you would then be subject to all the normal limited usage restrictions of club rego of course.  Tongue

Still worth looking into again I reckon.  Smiley

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
EeleyEagle
Forum Member only

50% Scale

« Reply #8 on: Monday, 31 August, 2009, 11:52:55 AM »

Hi Guys,
Hope I qualify as a Eureka owner even if it is only 1/2 size, won't need a plaque for it as it has moved for quite some time. Kabota 5 H.P motor and trolley wheels, 6" steering wheel and plastic school chair seat. Since joining this discussion group last year I have just put the 1/2 size reek to bed and not woried about doing anything with it.
Andrew

Half the size but Twice as much FUN !!!!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #9 on: Monday, 31 August, 2009, 02:24:45 PM »

Ah excellent!! Glad to have you back on board. I was only reading the newspaper article in the last few days and was wondering what happened to you and the micro 'reek.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

bushboy
Forum Member only

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, 01 September, 2009, 11:50:14 PM »

Um I have a reek, took it on a little trip across the waves & now it is terrorising the pom's  I have plaque No10 (thank you very much) PL30, me thinks with a "factory" targa roof.

Bushboy
tmerivale
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, 26 November, 2009, 11:15:25 AM »

i have a 1983 white over black f4 in surgery, last registered in 1987- the year i was born. anyway theres not much inside the cabin needs gauges seats and harnesses carpets decent steering column and steering wheel and just about everything else. body is fair. building up when finances are able to support my new baby. had her for nearly 2 months. almost time to bring her out of storage---$295pcm is way too much at the moment could put that $$$ back into her Sad

Trev
sassy
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, 02 December, 2009, 07:59:18 AM »

i have a red f4

in the stage of getting rebuilt
cruetoone
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, 26 December, 2009, 11:45:10 AM »

not sure of where this guy lives but i found this article off a website...
http://www.constructorscarclub.org.nz/profiles/profile-purviseu.htmlhttp://

not a bad read and website.
cruetoone
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, 16 February, 2010, 12:46:58 PM »

do we know of this one in perth...
http://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/purvis-eureka-pl30-project-35681/http://
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: